Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have a gt but i have a salvaged one with the motor going into a miata. i heard a few days ago that when chevy made the ls1's they changed their firing order to the modulars order so my question is. you know how they say about ls1's that if you switch two of the sparks....i think its 4 and 7 actually you get like a 30hp gain. is that the same aspect for the modulars motor? cuz a free 30hp sounds great:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i havnt heard of anything like that before. i feel like if that gain was possible it would be common widespread knowledge.

on the other hand... you are going to have the best sounding miata out there!! when it's all done get some pics/videos. people are going to second guess themselves when they hear a miata with a v8 go by.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i dont have a gt but i have a salvaged one with the motor going into a miata. i heard a few days ago that when chevy made the ls1's they changed their firing order to the modulars order so my question is. you know how they say about ls1's that if you switch two of the sparks....i think its 4 and 7 actually you get like a 30hp gain. is that the same aspect for the modulars motor? cuz a free 30hp sounds great:bigthumbsup
Chevy did change the firing order on the LS1s but I read that it was to provide a more balanced power input to the crankshaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.