Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a tune that comes with my Diablo Sport Predator. I'm using 93 octane/Firm Shifting tune. The second I put it in the tune the dashboard warning light for the traction control system won't go off. (The one where it shows the car sliding) I never had this problem when I ran the 93 octane tune the device came with. This Firm Shift is nice at WOT it launches you into shifts with an automatic tranny. Any help would be appreciated. If I can't get a solution I'll flash it back to regular 93 performance tune.(Also no trouble codes are detected).

·
Registered
13 Posts
turn back on tracktion control

You can turn the tracktion control back on under modify tune in the tuner, but you will find you will run faster with this turned off. Diablo
has not fixed this to were you can have tracktion disabled and no light!
Go to Diablosport.com and register to get to this info.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can turn the tracktion control back on under modify tune in the tuner, but you will find you will run faster with this turned off. Diablo
has not fixed this to were you can have tracktion disabled and no light!
Go to Diablosport.com and register to get to this info.
I know what your talking about but its not that button exactly...I'm talking about the one where the speedometer is, where it has the picture of a car and squiggles behind it. Thanks anyways though.

I just switched back to my 93 tune and the light went off so I will be sticking to that one. Thanks anyways guys.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
That is interesting since it is the light that shows you have lost traction, like you need a light to show that you are sliding, LOL.
I am sure it's a simple fix.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Traction Light

I've got an 05 that I've put the 89 oct firm shift in and the light didn't come on. However I've went into the settings on the predator and turned off the traction control. The light next to my speedo is now also on. Asked a ford tech and if the computer is flashed that way, it'll turn that light on as a warning.
You'll also notice that the switch for traction control is no longer active. Always has the "off" lit. Not an issue and won't cause harm. I've put a piece of black tape over it and had fun with the tune.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I just installed a tune that comes with my Diablo Sport Predator. I'm using 93 octane/Firm Shifting tune. The second I put it in the tune the dashboard warning light for the traction control system won't go off. (The one where it shows the car sliding) I never had this problem when I ran the 93 octane tune the device came with. This Firm Shift is nice at WOT it launches you into shifts with an automatic tranny. Any help would be appreciated. If I can't get a solution I'll flash it back to regular 93 performance tune.(Also no trouble codes are detected).
who tuned your stuff?? b/c mine does the "Firm Shifting" on all my tunes and i dont have any lights..

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who tuned your stuff?? b/c mine does the "Firm Shifting" on all my tunes and i dont have any lights..
It came with the Diablo. It gives me choices of 87, 91, 93, and firm shifting. I clicked on firm shifting and it asked me if I wanted to run 93 octane with firm shifting tune and I selected yes. It installed the tune and when I turn the car on after its finished that light comes on and stays on.

G

·
I think it's normal The firm shifting disable TCS I have the same with my predator, but yo can go to modify tune then TCS and choose on then you should have no problem

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I think it's normal The firm shifting disable TCS I have the same with my predator, but yo can go to modify tune then TCS and choose on then you should have no problem
When I had my diablo I did the same ,:bigthumbsupand it went away no problems after.

·
Registered
812 Posts
my sct does the same thing its nothing wrong its just letting you know your tcs is disabled

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you use the firm shift tune you want the traction system off. If not, the tune will cause your shifts to be erratic and inconsistent. I've been using the firm shift for years and contacted Diablo about the dash skid warning light. There is nothing you can do about the light. But know that your traction control system is off, which can be a safety issue. After a while you get use to it and it doesn't bother you as much.

·
Registered
453 Posts
What about turning the TCS on in the tune, then turning it off with the dash button. Will that still cause the light to come on and will it drive the same as if you flashed the TCS off?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.