Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I may be getting my first mustang. :celebration: And if all continues to go well its a 5.0 HO from 94. Red with white pinstripes, from a guy who is getting over his midlife :)

I'm a little nervious, never owned a RWD before, but, life is an adventure. Any suggestions for how to handle myself in my (soon to be) new baby?

Also, share your first mustang story? :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
most driving is about the same...just be more then careful in the rain..

and if you have snow in your area just prepared to ether buy a beater...or get a decent set of snow tires...i drove my 94gt in the winter...even in the snow..i just bought some snow tires, and put an extra 100 pounds in my trunk and it worked out fine.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Best thing to do is to forget what you've learned by driving front wheel drive, and learn slowly how rear wheel drive acts. There'll be no torque steer with rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
214 Posts
well my first mustang story goes like this.. i geta RAGGED 89 hatchback lx rust on shock towers floor board quarters panels and no tellin were else..switched upper intake gasket painted upper intake painted all under hood had car painted completly stripped the interior cleaned it put some leather sport seats..i put quite a bit of work into it and needed much more..so i come home one day to see a 89 notch lx (what i orginally wanted) in my back yard...great car could drive it across the country and not have a problem..So i guess that was kind of my first and 2nd mustang story haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
My advice is don't go out trying to race all your friends unless its at the track. Ok enough of that spill ;). As mentioned in previous posts make sure you account for wet roads. You will get loose quick. Take care of her and she will take care of you. Enjoy the power from your new mustang. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We never get over mid life..............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.