Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I just bought our first classic Mustang. A 65 coupe that's missing some front and rear end parts.
I am really hoping someone has a really good picture of the front and rear of their cars...or better yet, a part's listing of all the parts so I know what to order and what we need. We have the front head lights, but no grill, or the part underneath the bumper, I think it's called the fascia or valiance???
same thing for the rear, we have the tail lights and rear bumper, but not what the bumber attaches too and what's underneath it...please help, we can't wait to start making this baby beautiful

·
Registered
262 Posts
YORCHI,

I'm on my fourth Mustang, so I think I'm able to give you good advise gathered from experience. The first thing you should get is a 65 Mustang shop manual. It's worth it's weight in gold. You'll never stop using it.
Now, In order to get an idea of what parts you need, you can start by sending for some mustang catalogs. Mustangs Unlimited, CJ Pony Parts, National Parts Depot are three that come to mind. All have a pretty good selection of restoration parts and will give you an idea of what's available. The shop manual has some exploded views which will also help. There are also assembly manuals available that can help. And, most of all, there is a lot of information and knowledge available at the various Mustang Forum sites. Take advantage of them, helping newbies like you is a pleasure and you won't be disappointed in the problem solving in these Forums.
If you need further info, send me a pm. If you're new here, to send me a pm click on tools, click on members list, click on "j", click on page 2, scroll down to my name.

Jay67fast

·
Registered
361 Posts
I agree with jay67fast - CJ's is a great place to order from. There's also AutoKrafter's and Mac's Antique Auto parts (http://www.macsautoparts.com/mus.html). I've found that the diagrams in Mac's catalog are helpful when ordering those 'small' parts and pieces, too! Only problem might be shipping cost. CJ's, AutoKrafters and Mac's are all east coast.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jay67fast said:
YORCHI,

I'm on my fourth Mustang, so I think I'm able to give you good advise gathered from experience. The first thing you should get is a 65 Mustang shop manual. It's worth it's weight in gold. You'll never stop using it.
Now, In order to get an idea of what parts you need, you can start by sending for some mustang catalogs. Mustangs Unlimited, CJ Pony Parts, National Parts Depot are three that come to mind. All have a pretty good selection of restoration parts and will give you an idea of what's available. The shop manual has some exploded views which will also help. There are also assembly manuals available that can help. And, most of all, there is a lot of information and knowledge available at the various Mustang Forum sites. Take advantage of them, helping newbies like you is a pleasure and you won't be disappointed in the problem solving in these Forums.
If you need further info, send me a pm. If you're new here, to send me a pm click on tools, click on members list, click on "j", click on page 2, scroll down to my name.

Jay67fast
where could I get the shop manual...is this the same as like a chilton or hayne's manual???

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yorchi,

All three parts places I gave you sell them. Cheapest---Nat'l Parts depot;2nd. cheapest- ---Mustangs unlimited; most expensive --- CJ Pony Parts. All the same book.
Jay67fast

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yorchi,

Sorry, I screwed up the pricing! Let's try again! cheapest---CJ Pony Parts-$39.95; 2nd.cheapest---Mustangs Unlimited-$42.95; most expensive---Nat'l. Parts Depot-$46.95.
Hope that helps,
Jay67fast

·
Registered
433 Posts
A good place for pictures

Believe it or not a pretty good place for pictures is ebay. Go to the cars for sale section and punch up Ford- Mustang- and- list by lowest year first-, and it will take you right to 65/66's. These guys are trying to sell their cars and most give a lot of detailed photos that may help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.