Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first weekend after I got my car - I was driving from Boston to New York to show it to a friend and I was driving down I-84 in Connecticut when two ricers come out of nowhere, doing at least 100. I was in the left lane going 80 or so, and they bombed me on the right, clearly racing each other.

So I hit the gas, pulled up behind them in short order, and we were all doing about 110 or so... there was no traffic, but their cars apparently had topped out because I could hear the high-pitched whine and they weren't getting any faster - so I pulled into the right lane and passed them both, getting my car up to 118mph before I got to the leader, who was doing maybe 114. At that point there was some traffic coming up, and I was a nose ahead of him and pulling away, so I slowed down to 75, and watched as the two of them started doing the duck-and-weave as they hit traffic. Dicks.

I can't remember what sort of cars they were... I think a prelude and an integra? Whatever, they seemed to be all flash and no guns. That's the fastest I've ever taken my car - 118... damn glad I didn't get pulled over! Nowadays the only time I take it over 110 is if I'm doing a suicide pass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Ricers suck. They all sound like wind up toys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4 Posts
Sounds exhilariting, you showed those imports who's boss, check out this V6 exhaust, it would help you let all those imports have it.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
88Fox50 said:
Sounds exhilariting, you showed those imports who's boss, check out this V6 exhaust, it would help you let all those imports have it.
you and Cablepro would make great friends, I see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Fox, i can see your new here. The v6 bashing stuff isnt tolerated well. Its a friendly environment here, lets keep it that way ok? :thumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
NoobAStang said:
Fox, i can see your new here. The v6 bashing stuff isnt tolerated well. Its a friendly environment here, lets keep it that way ok? :thumbsup
Yeah, let's all be nice now, no bashing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
top speed

My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Yeah, no V6 bashing, just concentrate on import bashing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
yellowexpress said:
My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.

No it's speed limited to the stock tires (112mph).

You'll need to reprogram the comp or get a chip to remove the restriction (hopefully, AFTER you upgrade the tires!!!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glowmunkey said:
Yeah, no V6 bashing, just concentrate on import bashing.
heh I only bash imports if they look faster than they are ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I am going to sometime get a SCT tune, my tires are rated at 168 mph, they are new tires I had to install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
sure that ur mustang doesnt go over 110??

yellowexpress said:
My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.
hey thas not fair, i am a mustang fan, but never had one. Now lots of this kill stories made me so proud of mustang but this whole thread kinda made me dipressed.
well pardon me i am not a racer( and not a ricer either.)
i like to speed almost everywhere on streets, highways and even going offroads.
i have dirven hell lots of cars but not those super cars.

But my concern is how can a mustang not go over 110 mph when a
toyota camry stock 2004, even a toyota echo can go 110 mph and a peagoet 209 can go almost 138 mph i have dirven one at this speed and believe me. it was in italy and that guy in audi made me go nuts, so i had to show him that if u can go fast that dosent mean u got to be rude.

i guess something is wrong some where i bet if u press accelerator for 15 mins almost any car even a dodge stratus with stupid engine can cross 110, and a mustang with all the funky things u guys are talking of should hit i mean may be 150 or even 175 i know we cant go that high in states but common 110 is not the top limit.


if u consider this way some ricer with a stupid car can beat mustang on a 100 mile road with out doubt..

tell me this is not true, cus i believe mustangs are the best.

btw i am doing M.S. in mechanical engineering so the more technical we are the better i like.

and wud like to appreciate this site as it is real fun to read the kill stories.
once am done with my studies i am gonna get my own kill stories right now have got some work to do.. haha

c ya have a nice racing
streetlegal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
110 mph

streetlegal said:
hey thas not fair, i am a mustang fan, but never had one. Now lots of this kill stories made me so proud of mustang but this whole thread kinda made me dipressed.
well pardon me i am not a racer( and not a ricer either.)
i like to speed almost everywhere on streets, highways and even going offroads.
i have dirven hell lots of cars but not those super cars.

But my concern is how can a mustang not go over 110 mph when a
toyota camry stock 2004, even a toyota echo can go 110 mph and a peagoet 209 can go almost 138 mph i have dirven one at this speed and believe me. it was in italy and that guy in audi made me go nuts, so i had to show him that if u can go fast that dosent mean u got to be rude.

i guess something is wrong some where i bet if u press accelerator for 15 mins almost any car even a dodge stratus with stupid engine can cross 110, and a mustang with all the funky things u guys are talking of should hit i mean may be 150 or even 175 i know we cant go that high in states but common 110 is not the top limit.


if u consider this way some ricer with a stupid car can beat mustang on a 100 mile road with out doubt..

tell me this is not true, cus i believe mustangs are the best.

btw i am doing M.S. in mechanical engineering so the more technical we are the better i like.

and wud like to appreciate this site as it is real fun to read the kill stories.
once am done with my studies i am gonna get my own kill stories right now have got some work to do.. haha

c ya have a nice racing
streetlegal.

steetlegal,
I bought the car last november, the fastest it would go is 110 mph. It gets there quickly but the fuel pump cuts off. Whoever owned the car before me must have changed the speed limiter. It also had low speed rated tires on it when I bought it. Since then I put WZ speed rated cooper tires so they can handle much faster speeds. It really sucks that it won't go past 110 mph right now. But I'm going to change that when I get a chip or tuner.
Thanks for the reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
yellowexpress said:
steetlegal,
I bought the car last november, the fastest it would go is 110 mph. It gets there quickly but the fuel pump cuts off. Whoever owned the car before me must have changed the speed limiter. It also had low speed rated tires on it when I bought it. Since then I put WZ speed rated cooper tires so they can handle much faster speeds. It really sucks that it won't go past 110 mph right now. But I'm going to change that when I get a chip or tuner.
Thanks for the reply.
The car is speed limited to the tire capacity.

Change the tires, then get a tune to remove or increase the limiter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Seems like a waste to me... Unless your going to the track. :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
110 mph

Thanks for the info. But I have already bought better tires, cooper SLE Sports. Next I need to get a tuner to change the speed limiter. I'm having trouble with my wife convicing her that I need to go over the 110 mph limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
never knew that they were....depending on the type of Speed limiter the Ecu uses...APEXi's RSM (Rev Speed Meeter) or HKS (Speed Cut Defencer) can get rid of the problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
Scientist said:
never knew that they were....depending on the type of Speed limiter the Ecu uses...APEXi's RSM (Rev Speed Meeter) or HKS (Speed Cut Defencer) can get rid of the problem
No, those won't work . . . you need a Ford Tech, a Predator, Sniper, or SCT programmer for Ford Applications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Sorry dude, but you are the ricer. How can you have a stock V6 mustang, and take out 2 stock Automatic Civic DXs on the freeway and be all proud of yourself? Your car is SLOW. If I were racing somone on the freeway and you came up believe me, your car (or even a stock Cobra or GT) would not keep up. Some of you need to get off your high horses and realize that mustangs aren't the gods gift to the auto industry. Especially when you have the slowest mustang (v6). You Ricer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
240sxer said:
Sorry dude, but you are the ricer. How can you have a stock V6 mustang, and take out 2 stock Automatic Civic DXs on the freeway and be all proud of yourself? Your car is SLOW. If I were racing somone on the freeway and you came up believe me, your car (or even a stock Cobra or GT) would not keep up. Some of you need to get off your high horses and realize that mustangs aren't the gods gift to the auto industry. Especially when you have the slowest mustang (v6). You Ricer
Looks pretty good from up here!

http://www.car-stats.com/stats/search/choosemake.aspx
Car-Stats.com Report for 1989 Nissan 240 SX
Obtained from
0-60:
8.8
Transmission: Unknown
1/4 Mile:
16.5

1/4 Speed:


Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Ford Mustang
Obtained from Web April, 1999
0-60:
7
Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile:
15.5

1/4 Speed:
84
 
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Top