Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my 02 gt about two months ago and i havent had any chances yet everytime i see another car something happens especially traffic, well anyway a few days ago me and my bro were driving to go shopping this weekend and we see this black supra, were on a 3 lane street we go by him in the middle lane since hes in the far left lane thats slowing down, then i get over to the right to be first at the light, it turns green im going about 45 i see him get to the middle lane and he starts to speed up towards me and im waiting for him, its totally clear ahead he gets about two car lengths away and he gets on it we hear his blow off valve he was doing maybe 55 not sure but i downshifted to second right when his front bumper was at my door, i expected for him to go by me, but my brother looks over at him and im pulling on him!! :happyhapp i had him a little over a car length before i had to brake, i love the stang!!!, but yeah just thought i would share, later

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That was a long story..it was like a WHOLE paragraph.:winks

·
Registered
244 Posts
hahaha...that wasn't a long story...my stories are LONG hahahaha...
oh yeah...congrats on your first kill...let me be the first one to ruin it for you...

I call BS on that one...it wasn't a supra...it was a celica with a body kit...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
YORCHI said:
hahaha...that wasn't a long story...my stories are LONG hahahaha...
oh yeah...congrats on your first kill...let me be the first one to ruin it for you...

I call BS on that one...it wasn't a supra...it was a celica with a body kit...
Are you calling BS on this cuz a turbo'd supra would a$$-rape a mustang, or did you view this race hands on?

Edit: Sorry let me clarify, an 02 GT. Don't mean to bash on your new mustang(if you can't tell I love mustangs, but that doesnt stand in front of the truth) :) I'd admit a supra with a big turbo would prolly eat my car alive too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Are you calling BS on this cuz a turbo'd supra would a$$-rape a mustang, or did you view this race hands on?

Edit: Sorry let me clarify, an 02 GT. Don't mean to bash on your new mustang(if you can't tell I love mustangs, but that doesnt stand in front of the truth) :) I'd admit a supra with a big turbo would prolly eat my car alive too.
no I just wanted to cause a headache...hahahahahaha...but yes...if it was a late model turbo supra I know it would rape his GT...shoot maybe even my Mach...but he doesn't what year or around what year he thinks it might be...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Car-Stats.com Report for 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo
Obtained from C&D August, 1997
0-60:
Transmission: Unknown
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

Car-Stats.com Report for 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo
Obtained from C&D March, 1997
0-60:
Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

Car-Stats.com Report for 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo
Obtained from
0-60:
Transmission: Unknown
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Obtained from MT December, 2002
0-60:
Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from MT June, 2001
0-60:
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D November, 2002
0-60:
Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
It's a driver's race with the mach 1, but if the Supra was stock and the GT modded, it's closer than you might think.

G

·
My 02 GT with the procharger would rape mildly modded supras (stock turbos with increased boost and bolt ons)... But without the blower, I wouldn't have had a chance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
look im not syaing my car is the fastest or anything, i know its not and im not saying the supra was heavily modded it had to be stock for sure! and it was a 94-98 one, he could of been a terrible driver or something else i dunno, but i do know i wouldnt waste my time making up any stories online so believe me or not its your choice, its cool either way

·
Registered
124 Posts
Whether or not you made up the story, that Supra should slaughter you stock for stock. I'm not calling you a liar because anything can happen on the street. But good kill nonetheless.

·
Registered
244 Posts
kscoyote said:
Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Obtained from MT December, 2002
0-60:
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:
is that how good I'm supposed to be...damn i suck then...everything matches my 1/4 mile time slip except the 1/4 mile time...I got a 14.21..but then again it was my first ever run and I'm no where near being a good racing driver yet...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
mrtybrodur30 said:
look im not syaing my car is the fastest or anything, i know its not and im not saying the supra was heavily modded it had to be stock for sure! and it was a 94-98 one, he could of been a terrible driver or something else i dunno, but i do know i wouldnt waste my time making up any stories online so believe me or not its your choice, its cool either way
Could be, the ricer ignorantly threw a bunch of parts, which sounded good to him, on it, and ended up with a slower car. I know the old ones ('80s - ?) are dogs, including the early turbos. I will say this though, back when I had my '82 GT, my friend pretty much had to force me to take his '83 sup for a spin. I just drove it normally, and after about a mile or so, I said, "man, this thing drives way the heck better than my Stang," ride, brakes, steering. meanred82 woulda killed it, stoplight to stoplight, every time, though.:wavey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.