Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a '95 GT and just out of the blue her turn signals stopped working. I replaced the fuse and the next day it popped. Replaced it again and a few min later it popped again. She decided to take the car to her brother yesterday to look at the problem since I have to work all week. Well she calls me last night and says it's fixed and she is on her way home. Half way home the blinkers stop working and her instrument cluster lights went out. When she got home I called her brother and asked him if he had changed out her Flasher relay. We responded with "Naw, I just went ahead and put a 30 amp fuse on the circuit so it wouldn't blow anymore.". Well right about this time you can imagine how enraged I was. He replaced the 15amp fuse with a 30amp fuse and now the blinkers and instrument panel do not light up. I took the car to Autozone an hour ago and bought a Flasher relay and replaced the original one. I then went back in the fuse box and replaced the 30amp with a 15amp as well as checked all the fuses in the panel. None of the fuses poped but I still do not have blinkers or instrument panel lights. Can anyone advise me on where I would need to check next?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Lights switch, dimmer, turn signals switch, hazards switch and wiring. Need to check that the "upgrade" to a 30A fuse didn't cause any wiring shorts. LOW/GL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just recently checked and the corner lights do not even come on when the head lights are on. Any ideas? I'm not very familiar when it comes to diagnosing electrical so I'm pretty dumb-founded on what to do to locate a short.

·
Registered
17 Posts
dont ever let that guy work on your car again. fuses are rated according to the current that the circuit has. if a circuit runs at 8 amps, a fuse will be rated a 10 amps for that circuit. replacing a 15 amp fuse with a 30 amp fuse more then likey burned up wiring. you now need to start checking items circuits that arent working for burned up wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.