Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purschase my new 05 stang three months ago, torch red gt!! My first sports car ever and I love it, especially the horsepower. I have been reading about all the mods possible and don't want to rush into it. What would you suggest should be my first mod? I can decide on the exhaust or the cold air intake? As far as the body, I think I'll leave it alone for now! Any suggestions????

danosstang

·
Registered
30 Posts
danosstang said:
Purschase my new 05 stang three months ago, torch red gt!! My first sports car ever and I love it, especially the horsepower. I have been reading about all the mods possible and don't want to rush into it. What would you suggest should be my first mod? I can decide on the exhaust or the cold air intake? As far as the body, I think I'll leave it alone for now! Any suggestions????

danosstang
My First Mod is simple but a nice addition
Sequential Tail Lights... I'm not going to mess with motor or exhaust just yet... I want to make sure I don't void the warranty until I know all is well.
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice car!! Debated on the black or torch red when i purchased mine. I was looking into the sequential light, how hard was it to hook up or did you have someone do it for you?? where did you purchase and how much $$$$.

fearful-WY said:
My First Mod is simple but a nice addition
Sequential Tail Lights... I'm not going to mess with motor or exhaust just yet... I want to make sure I don't void the warranty until I know all is well.
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

·
Registered
359 Posts
The sequential tail-lights are easy to install. Took me all of 30 minutes the day after I got my car to install them. ( I ordered my set once I got confirmation of the build!).

·
Registered
34 Posts
What all is involved??
If you get true "plug n play", you detach the plastic trunk liner and pull it forward away from the body, unplug the existing wiring harness, take out some screws and remove the taillight fixture, move the bulbs from the old harness to the new harness, and put everything back together. I think the only tool I needed was a 7/16" wrench for the screws. It took me an hour, and I'm an idiot. The only true "plug n play" that I'm aware of is from webelectricproducts.com, but I have not done exhaustive research on the subject.

For products that are not true "plug n play", you have to cut and splice some wires. The advantage here is lower cost. webelectricproducts.com also offers this type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts