Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first oil change today at 2100 miles. Oil looked very dark. Didn't see any metal filings on the pan plug magnet. I asked a dealer service rep about the color and he said Ford uses a synthetic blend at the factory and it was normal for it to look like that. I put in a fully synthetic, Mobil 1, 5W20 weight. $5.25/qt. at Walmart and used a motorcraft filter from the dealership. I would have used a Wix, but NAPA didn't have one for an 06'. I'm sure the 05' filter would be the same.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Changed my oil at 1500 miles, and it was still golden and mostly clear. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
loudog said:
Changed my oil at 1500 miles, and it was still golden and mostly clear. Hmmmm....
Changed it too early. You wasted oil :) .

Zrullac:No metal filings in the oil anymore cuz Ford builds engines differently than they ised to a few decades ago. Piston rings are seated straight from the factory. They don't put breakin oils into the engine anymore for that reason, that the engines don't have any metal filings because they are built better. Hence the warning in the handbook(Do not add special break-in fluids n such).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts