Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I am looking to start a 1967 Mustang project for the sole purpose of giving it to my father once I am done. He had one back in college that he had to sell when us kids came along. I thought it would make a great/thoughtful gift some fathers day. (and every fathers day after that haha)

His original from what I can remember from pictures and what my mom told me was a baby blue 67 (coupe?) The only picture I remember from when I was young is on a slide most likely in my parents basement. One of about 10,000 slides that they have. aka im not going to take the time to find it haha.. :shigrin I am sure my dad would be thrilled even if it was not the exact same.

So that comes down to a few questions I had for the readers here.

- First, after I finish this am I going to be so attached to it that I do not want to give it away?

- Second, the car I am currently considering is this one: 1967 Mustang Coupe
I assume that changing the tranny to a manual would be a pain in the butt and not worth doing, is that correct?

- Third, Per 66Sprint200 recommendation I have ordered a few manuals to help out in the process.
Amazon.com: 1967 Mustang Part and Body Illustrations (9781603710350): Ford Motor Company, David E. LeBlanc: Books
Amazon.com: 1967 Colorized Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams (9781603710268): David E. LeBlanc: Books
Amazon.com: 1967 Cougar, Fairlane, Falcon, Mercury, Mustang Shop Manual (9780967321141): Ford Motor Company, David E. LeBlanc: Books

Anything else you can think of to help me start of right?

Any input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
~Archer

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the site. Check into the classic sections for some help if you need it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right, I am still learning my way around these forums and didnt notice that this is a high level board.

Thanks,
~Archer

I am going to CC this onto the correct board.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Not a problem I hope you enjoy it here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts