Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say, the more I see of the 2010 in person, the more I like it. Here are some shots of my first really close look at one....a Black 2010 GT Coupe. I know I am probably in the minority but in my opinion it's a very hot looking car...

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
I saw them in person also and didnt seem all that bad. But then again, the back of the car still doesnt sit right with me.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I can't wait for 2011!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I finally saw one in person last weekend (may 16), and loved it! It was a maroon/dark red color with the glass roof. I don't care for the glass roof, and not to big a fan of the tail lights. Over all I like it much better than the '09! When you open the door, there is a lighted "mustang" in the rocker panel, and courtesy lights in the cupholders, over the pedals, and in the pull handles for closing the door. The interior is way sweet, comfy. I am waiting for the coyote engine, then I'm gonna jump!

·
Registered
41,828 Posts
I really like the front end of the car but that back end I am not sure about at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
it looks like the red headed step child of a retro mustang mating with a mustang of the future...

Overall it's not a bad car, I still prefer the 05-09 but I like the direction they are going in just needs a few small changes.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm starting to like the new body style more and more now too.

I've been giving it a lot of thought lately. Take back my 05 GT that has had some work done on it (currently like 300 hp at the wheels), try to find a nice 03 terminator or 04, or wait until 2011 and get a coyote (or '12 - '13).

Damn, too many choices.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have heard a lot of bitching about the rear of the new car, and wasn't even that fond of it myself. But after seeing it side by side with an 09, I think it fits the new car just fine, in fact I like it better than the 09 (as well as the rest of the car)!

Check out this video:

YouTube - 2010 Ford Mustang - Styling

·
Registered
59 Posts
Overall, I like the 2010 Mustang, EXCEPT for the Rear Trunk lid between the taillights. It just does not matchup and looks out of place. The gap at the bottom makes it look like it has been in a wreck.

Not real satisfied and definately would not trade up from my 2005.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to say that I was not impressed with the 2010. Maybe the design will grow on me over time... I don't know. I think you can do alot more with the 2005-2009 body...the new one seems a bit whimpy when you compare the two... just my view...

·
Banned
269 Posts
I think the interior of the new Mustang is definitely an improvement, however on the outside I kind of pick and choose what I like better from each of the two. The 05-09 body style is really big and bold; where as the new is more refined and appears smaller. It kind of feels like a big brother younger brother sort of thing. Also, I do feel they went a little crazy on the rear of the car. Looks like it is straight at of a halo game, while the 05-09 looks very plain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Overall, I like the 2010 Mustang, EXCEPT for the Rear Trunk lid between the taillights. It just does not matchup and looks out of place. The gap at the bottom makes it look like it has been in a wreck.

Not real satisfied and definately would not trade up from my 2005.
Yes, the sheetmetal between the taillights is also curved in a weird way and does not at all match the profile of the taillights at their sides. From most angles, it does look like the metal was bent/dented.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.