Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finshed my vortech install today and OM MY GOD after playing with the bov im making 8-9 lbs and this thing is amazing i just had to put this on here and thanks to every one who helped me with questions THANKS Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
just finshed my vortech install today and OM MY GOD after playing with the bov im making 8-9 lbs and this thing is amazing i just had to put this on here and thanks to every one who helped me with questions THANKS Bob
Boost is fun, isn't it? I'll be interested to see how long it is before you think about ditching the 4.10's. 1'st and 2'nd gear are pretty squirly I bet.....Enjoy the Vortech, I love mine...John R:D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
glad to see you got it done. I know you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1-2 and 3 but this thing moves, theres only little things one is when u really get on it slow down and do it angain it blows the dicharge tube off the blower end and dies 2 the idler pulley rubs the alt a little bit.
any ideas? thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
put a clamp and tighten it down? go over all the hoses again and make sure everything is facing the right way

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys its a blast and i got it fixed

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
today i rescaned my car to make shur no codes didnt come back and i had 3 of them. i have a system too rich on both banks but im scared to send the chip back to have then lean it out. they might go to far so im going to just leave it alone i think.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I would leave it alone, better a little rich then lean. and you may not be rich under boost in the higher rpms. just my opinion.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is a little bit rich in upper rpm and under boost. not being mean but i graphed the fuel trims and O2's with our scan tool at work at it was just a little rich all the way up

so ill just let it go.

have u hade any tranny problems yet, just asking cause the amount of boost and power your run'in im scared for mine

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
no tranny issues so far. hope this does not jinx me.:laugh: and believe me I have not cut it any slack. I had the best times at the track just leaving it in drive programmed to shift at 5900.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
t45 trannys only handle 350lb/ft of torque t3650 trannys only handle 325lb/ft torque. 99-01 pre feb has t45 after feb-04 Gt's have t3650s.. If you have a handheld tuner you should be able to lean it out atleast 6%

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a tremec 3550 and i have a custom chip

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Your lucky man, I want to get blown already lol. How long did the install take you? I was looking to get a vortech.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had it done but the belt (needed a pulley) by10:00 and i started at 5:30 when i got off work with no help. oh my bad my girlfriend ran the jack when i did the fuel tank, and got me tools

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Thanks, it's always good to have a helping hand:)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
aftermarket tranny? pretty sure gt's only came with t3650s.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if ur talk'n to me yes it is aftermarket it came with the car when i got, and im shur thats what it is because i'v the tranny out 3-4 times since i'v owned it

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
thats cool, i'm 100% sure stock past feb 01-04 GT's have T3650s in them, if your tranny ends up going from the newly found power id suggest TKo600 or T56 viper tranny. gotta love them blowers!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this thing is just, a different car 100% i love it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.