Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track the other day and did some base line runs, thankfully nothing broke.
88 gt 5.0
2.93 gears (they suck)
t5
CA intake and exhuast

I was posting 15.6 @ 88 mph. I am not sure how respectable that is but i also did not have a working tach that night so i had to play it by ear. =)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Considering it didn't have a tach, that's a good starting point. Was this your first time on a track? Right now the best thing is to get seat time. The more comfortable you get, the better it'll be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was my first time with a stick 8 cyc. I have only dragged 4 bangers befor this, if you can really call it that. but my biggest problem is the launch, i feel it hook and jump than i let off the gas, so i need to put that reaction to thge power to bed and go balls to the wall =)

·
Registered
152 Posts
man thats how you do it balls to the wall.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice run!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Not to bad for your first time out. Pretty fun huh.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah you should ditch those gears before ya take it back to the track.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea i know what you mean,my first time was 2 weeks ago on a 1/8th mile track and yesterday i ran 8.40 at 81mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
2.93 gears (they suck)
Actually it's worse gearing than you think. They should be 2.73's, not 2.93's. To the best of my knowledge, they were no 2.93's.

I remember my first pass with my '89 nearly 20 years ago. It was a 9.0 pass with a MPH around 78 I believe. That pass was made with the car bone stock, and a 2.73 rear axle ratio. It was a common ratio at the time, with a few 5.0's having 3.08's from the factory.

I still have that time slip tucked away in my toolbox somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.