Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently bought my first Mustang for a Chevy dealer (ironic, I know). It had some issues but I got a good deal, 2002 Mustang w/ 59000 - $6600. On my way home it started to miss extremely bad, the air conditioning quit and the service engine soon light came on. I changed the spark plugs and all is well now except the light won't go off. The code reads P0401 and that indicates a blocked passage on the EGR system among other things. Any advice on this? I have little car repair knowledge, all self taught. BTW; for all those who advised on the brake fluid to fix the foggy headlights, GREAT JOB!!!!. I have tried everything and that was all that worked.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the Forums!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
welcome to the pages!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :myhappydance: :happydancer:​

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
welcome,i also bought my stang from a chevy dealer :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry that your first experience with a Pony is little troublesome, but welcome to the fold, the family, the group,the tribe, the herd, etc.:happyhapp Never buy a Ford from a Chevy dealer:nono:....they 're haters:gringreen

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome to AFM! The bad miss fire could have freaked out the egr. If car is running fine now, have the code erased and see what happens. If the code comes back, you may have to replace the egr valve before it causes more drivabilty problems. Best of luck.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome aboard the site.

·
Super Moderator
40,073 Posts
:waveyWelcome to the site:wavey

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome :bigthumbsup

It's more than likely your EGR sensor. It's only like $13 at autozone and it takes like 2 minutes to change out. Hope it helps!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.