1. Did that.Basic mods...
1. CAI and a tuner. Get a decent combo, from just about anywhere reputable. With this alone, you will leave the Camaro in the dust. About $600.
2. Upper and lower control arms are available for about $300 and take an easy afternoon to install. I think everything is the same size socket too! These will stop/reduce wheel hop. .
3. Tires tires tires. Get some inexpensive, aluminum 16x9 wheels and have some DOT approved (so you can drive with them on the car, to the track) drag tires mounted. It is said that every 0.1 second you take off your 60 foot time equals about 0.2 off your ET. Drag tires will get you into the 1.6-1.9 times, so you'd go from 14.4 to about 13.4 but your MPH will not change! Frustrating but you will win more races. This is about $600 for tires and wheels. First on my list for sure .
4. Gears. 3.73 or 4.10 gears. Will also reduce 60' times a lot by letting your engine turn the tires more easily. About $100 for the gears $450 to install. Working on it .
5. Reduce your Reaction Time! Keep in mind this will not affect your other stats. The only advantage is that you will cross the line earlier in the race. I am working on it
For example, you have an RT of 0.09 and you run 14.0 @ 100MPH.
The guy next to you has an RT of 1.09 and also runs a 14.0 @ 100MPH.
You cross the line a full second (15 Mustang lengths) before he does!!! Because you left the line and started the timer before he did.
In other words, you can have a better RT and beat a faster car! With an identical car, the batle will be for RT and shifts and whatnot. Driver skill and experience will make almost 100% of the difference. Remember THE GUY WHO CROSSES THE LINE FIRST WINS.