Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice! Not bad at all, very good time! Hmm I still long for a 99-04 GT, that body style is the best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
14s

Not bad at all. What tires are you running? My stock 04 auto vert ran a [email protected] a few weeks ago. It has a tune, CAI, and a cat back. Stock tires. Got some wheel spin, of course that eats up the ets.

14.1 stock is quick. Good job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
14s

Not bad at all. What tires are you running? My stock 2000 auto vert ran a [email protected] a few weeks ago. It has a tune, CAI, and a cat back. Stock tires. Got some wheel spin, of course that eats up the ets.

14.1 stock is quick. Good job.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
not bad!

Tires and suspension would drop that a bunch!

·
Registered
268 Posts
hahaha the path to twelves, if Bullitt is still around (haven't seen him on here lately) I'd suggest talking to him. He sure knows how to make into the 12s without many engine mods. Check out his build.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
hahaha the path to twelves, if Bullitt is still around (haven't seen him on here lately) I'd suggest talking to him. He sure knows how to make into the 12s without many engine mods. Check out his build.
I know how to make it into the 12s without ANY engine mods. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
haha and what is that path sir???? lol. Probably at tip of my tongue but can't remember. Unless you mean NOS haha.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
haha and what is that path sir???? lol. Probably at tip of my tongue but can't remember. Unless you mean NOS haha.

Just maximizing traction, like an NMRA Factory Stock car.

I'd wager that a full UPR Products suspension system, 28x10.5" slicks, and a 4.56 gear would put the car in the 11s without touching the engine... but that's getting pretty serious.

I'd say that if you can 60' in the 1.60s, you can make it into the 12s without touching the engine. My recipe there would still be a streetable UPR suspension setup, but less radical gear and less radical tire.

I went 12.91 @ 103 on a 1.69 60' with only 236rwhp. (in a Fox hatchback) But the PI engine is stronger than the stock 302 I was using. Making a solid ET with little horsepower is possible. It's allllll about the HOOK! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just maximizing traction, like an NMRA Factory Stock car.

I'd wager that a full UPR Products suspension system, 28x10.5" slicks, and a 4.56 gear would put the car in the 11s without touching the engine... but that's getting pretty serious.

I'd say that if you can 60' in the 1.60s, you can make it into the 12s without touching the engine. My recipe there would still be a streetable UPR suspension setup, but less radical gear and less radical tire.

I went 12.91 @ 103 on a 1.69 60' with only 236rwhp. (in a Fox hatchback) But the PI engine is stronger than the stock 302 I was using. Making a solid ET with little horsepower is possible. It's allllll about the HOOK! :bigthumbsup
Damn it I knew the answer to that, lol. Yah It's definitely possible with low horsepower figures. Suspension rocks! Bullitt's build on here is a bullitt (obvious haha) has about 266rwhp as I recall and some good suspension and weight reduction and also made into mid 12s.

The UPR system is very radical, probably too much for a street driven car. Like you said a less radical set up would be better if it's street driven.

Nice 60ft'! and 236rwhp in the 12's I can see it with a Fox since they are much lighter than an sn95 or new edge. I love that you can make it into the 12's with a low hp car and watch people's face when they ask what's done to it! I want that feeling some day lol. I agree suspension ftw! I'd like to do a few basic bolt on's to my car (hoping for 280rwhp/275rwhtq), than beef up the suspension, nothing crazy but something where I can hook hardcore :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
The UPR system is very radical, probably too much for a street driven car. Like you said a less radical set up would be better if it's street driven.

UPR, like most suspension companies, has a wide range of products. Our "Pro Street" suspension has polyurethane bushings, so even though it works well, it's still a comfortable ride. :bigthumbsup

That said, I've been using our Pro Series suspension on the street for almost a decade. I love it! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts