Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R/T .959
60' 2.066
330 5.964
1/8 9.196
1000 12.198
1/4 14.630
mph 93.80

that was my first run an my best of the day, missed 4 gear pretty bad on this run tho.

i just couldnt hook up the rest of the day an kept missing forth.

first time at track ever.

any advice or what you guys think my car could run?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
What are you lauching at? Wondering how are you missing 4th gear, its a straight shot. I can see if you were missing from 2nd to 3rd. What kind of tire pressure are you running in the back.

Your 60' is not that bad for first time. Are you a quick shifter, meaning does it take you awhile to switch gears? (besides when you miss them:hihi:)

More seat time you'll get better but again not bad for first time out ever.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you lauching at? Wondering how are you missing 4th gear, its a straight shot. I can see if you were missing from 2nd to 3rd. What kind of tire pressure are you running in the back.

Your 60' is not that bad for first time. Are you a quick shifter, meaning does it take you awhile to switch gears? (besides when you miss them:hihi:)

More seat time you'll get better but again not bad for first time out ever.:bigthumbsup

well i kept going into 2nd gear thats how i missed forth.lol
my 60'foots after that suckd i just couldnt hook up.. they were like 2.4.

i shift quickly but not power shifter.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
an tire pressure was at 21pounds first run then 18. with wore out bfg DRs

·
Registered
373 Posts
you need more seat time, hows your suspension, you may want to invest in upper/lower control arms. also try 10psi on the drag radials. try launching at 2500 to 3000 rpm. are you still running ac and smog? (if so WHY):bigthumbsup that car with the upgrades should be in the mid 13s.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
you need more seat time, hows your suspension, you may want to invest in upper/lower control arms. also try 10psi on the drag radials. try launching at 2500 to 3000 rpm. are you still running ac and smog? (if so WHY):bigthumbsup that car with the upgrades should be in the mid 13s.
That is waaay to low for dr's. I run that low on slicks!

G

·

That is way too low on a DR....

16-18 is where i would start.....

as said earlier your 60' is not bad for a first ......

seat time will be your best friend......

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

ill try launching about there next time.. ya i got ac an smog.. i ran a belt to bypass the smog tho.

there was the exact same car completly stock just had slicks that ran 14.2. soo wasnt to happy.lol

G

·
that car with the upgrades should be in the mid 13s.
What mods no offense to the OP his car is basiclly stock.....

For a first time he did well......:bigthumbsup

Almost sub 2.0 60' which is good......

Just a observation the 4.10's were not the best choice for a 5sp car......

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Just a observation the 4.10's were not the best choice for a 5sp car......
May i ask why? Other that RPMs on the highwway?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
May i ask why? Other that RPMs on the highwway?
For one you need the power to back it up. In a racing scenareo you more than likely putting youself out of powerband trying to shift later.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
on a basically stock motor the engine will be out of the powerband before the end of the 1/4 mile......

the object of the game is to cross the stripe when the engine is making maximum power......
Ok, ill take that, if hes running a small tire. But a bigger tire would help with the steep gears.

I guess you could run lower gears and a smaller tire and accomplish the same thing?

For one you need the power to back it up. In a racing scenareo you more than likely putting youself out of powerband trying to shift later.
I know this. I was just curious. Thats all. No need for bashing! :nono:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on a basically stock motor the engine will be out of the powerband before the end of the 1/4 mile......

the object of the game is to cross the stripe when the engine is making maximum power......

i was hitin about 5000rpm at the finish in 4th gear at like 96mph so i think its just about right.

think i need to shift at about 5200 tho in sted of going to like 5600 to stay in the powerband

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
i was hitin about 5000rpm at the finish in 4th gear at like 96mph so i think its just about right.

think i need to shift at about 5200 tho in sted of going to like 5600 to stay in the powerband
yes siiir!!!! Get that seat time in there and expirement with it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Power or torque? I used to shift @ 5400 with a 3v 4.6 to keep the torque high. I now shift as close to 6000 as I can, more HP, and get better times. I go above red line at times but the clutch is in and the rev limiter doesn't kick in.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Power or torque? I used to shift @ 5400 with a 3v 4.6 to keep the torque high. I now shift as close to 6000 as I can, more HP, and get better times. I go above red line at times but the clutch is in and the rev limiter doesn't kick in.

well with 4.10s my car dies off after 5200..i think..so its all in the low end an quick shifts

ya ill try diffrent things... alot of stuff i messed up on

·
Registered
653 Posts
well with 4.10s my car dies off after 5200..i think..so its all in the low end an quick shifts

ya ill try diffrent things... alot of stuff i messed up on
The old 5.0 had a lot of low RPM grunt wile the 3v 4.6 is more high RPM happy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.