Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some videos of my first time drag racing... im in my uncles 2007 roush supercharged mustang, this pass is with street tires and the sportsman tree
1st pass YouTube - black stang racing 1
2nd pass YouTube - black stang racing 2

Any tips for the next time i go racing?

heres some pics of my uncles mustang too....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Your uncle seems pretty cool to trust you with that thing. Pretty hard to tell from the video what kinda start you had(looked slow). I couldnt hear any revs/or chirping. Drive it like you dont own a thing on it. Seems like you could've waited longer to shift..didnt seem like it was screaming much. Could have been the video quality...If it was a 9.4 sec 1/8th mile...definitely have room to improve I think.

R

·
0 Posts
hard to tell from the vid......

but from what i heard the shifting could be improved.....

if you can post the time slips

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.. i will definately post the time slips when i get them... my uncle currently has them and he's out of town now:hihi:, as soon as he's back they will be posted.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
hard to tell from the vid......

but from what i heard the shifting could be improved.....

if you can post the time slips
Absolutely. Sounds like early shifts? Do you remember what RPM you were shifting at? And that car should do ALOT better than a 9.xx in the 1/8th!

Seat time will definately help! :bigthumbsup Did you have fun? Casue thats al that matters.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ohhh ya i had loads of fun racing! and fyi i have since raced 1/4 mile.. i think my time was a mid to low 13, is this within the genral range for the car or is there still more improvements possible?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
ohhh ya i had loads of fun racing! and fyi i have since raced 1/4 mile.. i think my time was a mid to low 13, is this within the genral range for the car or is there still more improvements possible?
Def not within the general range. That's a mid to low 12 second car. What was your 60' times? If i baby my car off the line and shift normal, i can run a mid 13 in it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If that thing shifts like my car does...you're probably losing a second right there.

My trans is so clunky(my expression is... it shifts like a grain truck)...next time I have some extra cash layin around I'll be getting it checked out to see if theres anything I can do to improve it..or getting a better trans. Even tried a pro 5.0 shifter and it didnt help. I'm back to the stock one now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.