Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm poppin my track cherry sometime soon in the near future. I asked in the 05-10 "talk" section and only had one response. I've read the track or drag 101 thread, so I know all the basics and I know you aren't supposed to worry about your first time, but what am I looking at time wise with the mods below in a Auto V6? And what was your first time on the track with the mods you have/had? And what's your best? 1/4 and 1/8?

·
Registered
308 Posts
i wuld suggest gears and drag radials, they will make your racing experience alot better, also take everything you dont need 2 race out of the car make it as lite as possible

my first time at the track i had gears bolt ons no tune on street tires and went 14.9 @ 93mph in a 98 gt 5 speed

my second time i added rear suspension drag radials and underdrive pulleys still untuned and went 14.3 @ 97mph

i'm going this friday to practice launching more aggressively and i have a bama tune on the way so with or without the bama tune i'm praying for a 13 second time slip

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wuld suggest gears and drag radials, they will make your racing experience alot better, also take everything you dont need 2 race out of the car make it as lite as possible

my first time at the track i had gears bolt ons no tune on street tires and went 14.9 @ 93mph in a 98 gt 5 speed

my second time i added rear suspension drag radials and underdrive pulleys still untuned and went 14.3 @ 97mph

i'm going this friday to practice launching more aggressively and i have a bama tune on the way so with or without the bama tune i'm praying for a 13 second time slip
Thanks for the tips, I doubt my dad would let me get either though.

But with a tune I'm pretty sure you'll get in the 13's with a good launch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i hope so a 14 second v8 is embarrassing

you mite not need drag radials with your auto and the big rims you have but i completely recommend as much weight reduction as possible its only gunna make you faster, i tear everything out of my trunk spare tire, jack, i take apart all the interior of the trunk, i remove all my junk from the car i vacuum it out, don't have a full tank of gas

THE SMALL THINGS ADD UP :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
784 Posts
looking at maybe high 14s, low 15s 1/4s with your mods. thats my guess anyways, let us know how you do.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Transfered my post from your other thread

Well I ran a 15.204 @ 93.98 mph with only dual exhaust (manual trans)

I have yet to run again with the JLT CAI & SCT Tuner, but a friend of mine with the same mods as me with an auto ran 14.3 @ 96 mph. so I'm interested in what my new numbers will be.

But the only real way to find out is to take it to the track, because there are many variables such as outside temperature, Driver, altitude...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts