Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, Let me start by thanking anyone who helps me out with this. I have had my 98 mustang 3.8L (manual) for a few months now I am not your average mustang owner. I have a 15" kicker L7 in it. Which happens to take up my entire back seat. Also I have it setting it on all chrome 20" rims (nothing racing about them). Last thing I have done to it is put underglow,streetglow,or ground effects which ever you are use to calling it. Now I would like to upgrade my engines proformance the best I can. The cheaper the better I'm on a college students income and would really enjoy the tips and advice. If you are willing to help out yet another new guy to the world or engine proformance. If you haven't noticed I like to be seen and heard where I go not so much how fast I get there. Again thank you for your time and any help givin I will post pictures as soon as I figure everything about this site out.:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
well...most guys usually go with a dual exhaust, gears, underdrive pulleys, cold air intake and a tune...those are usually the basics...performace isnt cheap...i know, im a student too and its not easy...im workin hard so i can start my mods asap...the companies that are sponsers on here usually have some pretty good deals...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go Down Memory Lane!

Welcome to the forum. I was made to feel that way two years ago. First of all, your question is one often asked and never a dumb one, however, do take a little time browsing through the V6-Tech entries pryor to yours. They go w-a-a-a-y back and there's a ton of answers for you, that have been given to other 'Stangers. You'll read about: under-drive pulley set ups, power chips, exhaust options, cold-air-intakes (cai), rear-end changes, lighter drive shafts and flywheels, turbo chargers, super chargers, different heads & cam stuff. A wealth of knowledge and a-a-a-ll free. Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
a good start would be a cai and udp's, shouldnt cost you more than 300 bucks for the both.
UDP's: Mustang 3.8L V6 Performance Parts FREE SHIPPING! (scroll down)
CAI: Mustang V6 Cold Air Intake Kit (94-98 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

next i would suggest dual exhaust, many many different ways you can go with that, depends on your liking. prices for that can range from 300-600 bucks typically. remember 6's are not the best sounding engines with no cats/very loud/dumped setups.

after that you could get a chip/tuner, gears, short throw shifter (manual trans.), split port head swap, H/C/I setups, the list goes on and on and on and it gets expensive at this point.
i hope this is some helpful info for you, welcome to the site!:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.