Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Skip this part if you just want the meat of the post...Hi all! I'm pretty new to all this, so I need a bit of a nudge in the right direction from time to time. I was looking for new wheels for my 2006 4.0, and was initially interested in 18s so I could fit Brembo Gran Turismo brakes. However, finding winter tires (a NECESSITY where I live) to fit the 18 inch setup I wanted proved difficult at best (plus I didn't want to switch brakes semi-annually), especially if I wanted staggered wheels and tires. The more I read, the more I leaned toward a non staggered setup, especially as I'm one of those weird people who likes things to be even all around, and I like to rotate my tires at regular intervals since my banger only has one drive wheel. In addition, I find myself leaning towards a 17 inch wheel so I don't have to adjust my aspect ratio as much, so I can worry less about the potholes here in Tulsa ruining my pricey rims, as well as the lesser impacted ride quality. The 17s were also nice because of the balanced tire selection. So, having decided on 17 inch wheels (specifically MSW Type 14s), I found the SSBC three piston caliper 13 inch rotor front big brake kit. This looks to be the best big brake kit for our cars with 17 inch wheels.

Start reading here if you're impatient.
However, I'm concerned whether or not the SSBC A112-12 brake kit will fit the MSW Type 14 17*8 wheels. Any help in deciding would be most appreciated. Links below:
Brakes
SSBC:: A112-12
Brake wheel fitment diagram
http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/images_info/97.jpg
Wheels
can't post link without redirect occuring. The wheels are MSW Type 14, size 17*8.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind, found some Enkei RP05s that will fit, and are better in general
Mods if you'd please delete the thread I'd be much obliged. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to do it myself. For that matter the edit function has escaped me as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts