Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now that the leaves are falling and the maple 'copters have launched an all out assault on my driveway, I figured it's time to employ my latest Mustang accessory, my
California Car Cover for the 2005 Mustang.

Basically it is actually a Covercraft product. It is the latest Hi-Tech innovation in covers offering a very light cover (machine washable) and gives best UV, dust, water protection for outdoor storage. I could get my Pony into garage but, I would rather leave it out as I have a full work out center in my garage with mats, squat rack, dumbell rack, bicycles, stereo, fridge, etc.

The specs on the cover are at Covercraft.com and under the "WeatherShield" product.

California Car Cover (Calcarcover.com) actually sells them as their "Superweave" product.

I paid $310.00 for the cover and a tad more for shipping.

I didn't want to put it on and get scratches so I first hand washed, blow dried and Zaino-ed with Z-8 first. Then the cover literally "slipped" right on.
It fits like a glove. It is very manageable by one person and takes little effort to get it on. I did the nose then the mirrors then snap it around the Borlas and I'm done. It is like putting a windbreaker over the Pony.
Attached are some pix, I recommend this to anybody wanting outdoor protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your "ad" sounds like it is written by the president of the company that sells the cover.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill Clinton said:
Your "ad" sounds like it is written by the president of the company that sells the cover.
Not sure were your are comming from pal, I have been "pm-ed" by 4 different guys on 2 forums when I mentioned my cover I bought several weeks ago looking for a post/ pix.

Is this any different than any other forum member posting on a new product they have purchased?

It is amazing the amount of a$$holes one finds in a free info sharing forum. I'm not surprised though.

·
Registered
502 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
Not sure were your are comming from pal, I have been "pm-ed" by 4 different guys on 2 forums when I mentioned my cover I bought several weeks ago looking for a post/ pix.

Is this any different than any other forum member posting on a new product they have purchased?

It is amazing the amount of a$$holes one finds in a free info sharing forum. I'm not surprised though.
R3d...re the previous comment, alls I have to say is, "Consider the source."

I'm gonna hafta ponder a bit on the price of that cover...but I really REALLY like it. Has it actually got little "mittens" for the two exterior mirrors? That is money! I bought a generic cheapo for 40 bones from Advanced Auto and it gets the job done, but can't hold a candle to your cover in terms of looks...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Bill Clinton said:
and you were the president ...... so....? Hmmmm... Just buy the cover! THEN you tell us what you think!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zregime said:
R3d...re the previous comment, alls I have to say is, "Consider the source."

I'm gonna hafta ponder a bit on the price of that cover...but I really REALLY like it. Has it actually got little "mittens" for the two exterior mirrors? That is money! I bought a generic cheapo for 40 bones from Advanced Auto and it gets the job done, but can't hold a candle to your cover in terms of looks...
Yeah, the price is steep at face value but, I plan to have it for years and if a bird has it's way with it, it is home machine washable. Very big selling point for me.
There are decent ones for less, just bulkier. Any of the Cal Covers are going to be nice.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm interested in a cover as well, but not sure if it would be optimal in my situation. I may be going to Iceland next year for a couple of years...no garage. Winters aren't too bad (avg 32*F), but it's windy most of the time. Unless the car is clean, wouldn't a cover scratch it over time? Also, what about snow and ice? Won't the cover adhere itself to the paint and then you have to wait until the ice melts from the car? What do you all think?

·
Registered
829 Posts
scramblr said:
I'm interested in a cover as well, but not sure if it would be optimal in my situation. I may be going to Iceland next year for a couple of years...no garage. Winters aren't too bad (avg 32*F), but it's windy most of the time. Unless the car is clean, wouldn't a cover scratch it over time? Also, what about snow and ice? Won't the cover adhere itself to the paint and then you have to wait until the ice melts from the car? What do you all think?
I would imagine wind blown dust/sand getting up under the cover and scratching away with every movement of that cover.... BUT, you may have the thing pelted and sandblasted without one... tough call...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine has a hole and a bootie for the antenna. Looks like Red just took his off which takes about 30 sec.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right, I just unscrew my shorty.

The elastic is very snug, it would take some wind to let sand in. Besides it has a grommet for a mid under lock wire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
R3dF1r3 and TRMN8TR,

I'm having a problem with the wind blowing sap onto my car from a tree, probably 40-50 feet away. I am looking for a car cover, but am concerned about the effect dust getting under the cover will have on the paint. What has your experience been with your cars? Do you put the covers on each night? Is the paint holding up ok? Any other comments, thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pyrat said:
R3dF1r3 and TRMN8TR,

I'm having a problem with the wind blowing sap onto my car from a tree, probably 40-50 feet away. I am looking for a car cover, but am concerned about the effect dust getting under the cover will have on the paint. What has your experience been with your cars? Do you put the covers on each night? Is the paint holding up ok? Any other comments, thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.
I live next to the water, I have no dust issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lucky! :)

Thx R3d

1 - 16 of 16 Posts