Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done the five Lug conversion on there 93 Cobra. I found a kit from late model for like 400 bucks. Will this kit work my stock brakes or will I run into the same issues with trying to find wheels to fit ? Also I was looking to get 10.5 for the rear. Has anyone ever done this without having issues or any body work done/

Thanks

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You should be able to get stock type replacement axles, meaning they'll have the 5 lugs and be a direct swap. I don't mean get stock axles, I mean you can get some 5 lug axles that will be a direct replacement. You should be able to use them with the stock brakes too. If it come down to it, you could have custom axles made.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think you will still have wheel fitment issues with that kit depending on what wheels you want. I believe those front rotors will not allow the centercaps to be installed when using later model Mustang wheels, such as the Bullitt wheels. Check out the links in the 5-Lug sticky at the top of this forum. The best option, in my opinion, for converting to 5-lug is with the SN95 stuff. I think those 10.5" wheels would be a very, very tight fit and would require some reshaping of the wheel wells.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think you will still have wheel fitment issues with that kit depending on what wheels you want. I believe those front rotors will not allow the centercaps to be installed when using later model Mustang wheels, such as the Bullitt wheels. Check out the links in the 5-Lug sticky at the top of this forum. The best option, in my opinion, for converting to 5-lug is with the SN95 stuff. I think those 10.5" wheels would be a very, very tight fit and would require some reshaping of the wheel wells.
Reshaping or "flaring" fenders is a PITA. I know people that put their car on jack stands, and used a baseball bat while rotating the wheels to flair the fenders. It kinda sucks though. I pounded in the inner fender to prevent my old GT from rubbing in the rear, it helped. There is a fender flair kit, but you have to cut part of the panel off, and it is made of fiberglass, so it needs to be bondoed, sanded, and painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.