Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pep boys got me all worried when they said my rim was leaking and not the tire :0!!! BUT!!! I went to my local mechanic and the rim was not the problem!!!! Pep Boys put my tire on wrong which caused it to leak!!!!! :bigthumbsup My mechanic just reset the tire and now its perfect!!!

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Hope you learned your lesson, Pep Boys sucks. My employer of the last 5 years has a fleet account there, I hate when I have to take my truck in there. About a year ago, I went in for an oil change and ended up with a new engine by the time I got the truck back from them, which was about 3 months. It was "ready" for me to pick up on several occasions, but it always went back within a day or two if not right away due to various issues. The engine taking a sh!t wasn't really their fault, but the fact that it took that much time to get it all straightened out is what just killed me. I have experienced many other examples of their incompetence, but that one was the most epic.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hope you learned your lesson, Pep Boys sucks. My employer of the last 5 years has a fleet account there, I hate when I have to take my truck in there. About a year ago, I went in for an oil change and ended up with a new engine by the time I got the truck back from them, which was about 3 months. It was "ready" for me to pick up on several occasions, but it always went back within a day or two if not right away due to various issues. The engine taking a sh!t wasn't really their fault, but the fact that it took that much time to get it all straightened out is what just killed me. I have experienced many other examples of their incompetence, but that one was the most epic.
A few years ago I bought a set of aftermarket wheels from them for a Merc Sable and after the new wheels were installed, I noticed that they had scratched one of the front rims on the tire changer..."No problem, they said, bring your car in tomorrow nite and we'll have another wheel for you". Needless to say, they stripped the wheel lock nut on that wheel also and ended up taking the wheel off with reciprocal saw and a sledge hammer! I haven't been there since and never will either! You just can't fix STUPID!! Good luck to anyone who uses them because someday it will bite you where the sun don't shine!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts