Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
New here to the forum...I noticed some scratches on the lower part of my Mustang's front bumper. It's the unpainted lower corner. I think it is from driving out on a steep driveway onto the street. Any ideas how I can smooth out the scratch? Maybe 1000 grit sandpaper? Here is a photo to give you an idea which part of the bumper...thanks for your suggestions in advance:

·
Registered
482 Posts
You take that off just to fix a scratch that cant really be seen?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats how much we love our cars around here lol!
I had a few small scratches on my lower rear valance and i did just smooth it out a bit with really fine sand paper. donno what grit.
After that, the scratches were only visable in alot of light. I was not really happy with the resualts so i just ended up replacing it with the gt500 rear valance. 150$ part from the dealer.

Yours dont look bad at all, just smooth it out and no one will see that.
My scratches were the result of a rear end accident.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats how much we love our cars around here lol!
I had a few small scratches on my lower rear valance and i did just smooth it out a bit with really fine sand paper. donno what grit.
After that, the scratches were only visable in alot of light. I was not really happy with the resualts so i just ended up replacing it with the gt500 rear valance. 150$ part from the dealer.

Yours dont look bad at all, just smooth it out and no one will see that.
My scratches were the result of a rear end accident.
Thanks, apoptygma...I may just have to take the super fine sandpaper route as it may be the only way to get the scratches out.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Sandpaper would probably smooth it too much. Try on a part that isn't nearly as visible and see what happens first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.