Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 v6 Mustang, and I changed the front turn signal housings back in April/May. I changed the parking lights on the side of the housings to white LED's, and changed the turn signal bulbs to LED white/amber switchbacks. The switchbacks have never given me a problem, but after a couple of months, the smaller parking LEDs have started to do this crazy, high speed flickering thing (almost like imitating a cop worried.gif). The switchbacks have resistors wired to them, but I was told I would not need them for the parking lights. Any idea what this could be? Could it just be cheaply made bulbs since it took a few months before they started doing that? The driver side bulb did not start doing so until about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a 2005 v6 Mustang, and I changed the front turn signal housings back in April/May. I changed the parking lights on the side of the housings to white LED's, and changed the turn signal bulbs to LED white/amber switchbacks. The switchbacks have never given me a problem, but after a couple of months, the smaller parking LEDs have started to do this crazy, high speed flickering thing (almost like imitating a cop worried.gif). The switchbacks have resistors wired to them, but I was told I would not need them for the parking lights. Any idea what this could be? Could it just be cheaply made bulbs since it took a few months before they started doing that? The driver side bulb did not start doing so until about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.
This is called hyper-flashing. The resistors are suppose to fix that...give them a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts