Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered the Flowmaster american thunder.....Its costing $310 for the system...Plus another $50 for install....
Is everyone happy with their american thunders?They are just made for the Newer Stangs.And how do they sound comparing to the stocks....JohnnyT

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my flows for a couple months and I really like them. I sometimes wish they were a little louder, they are definitely not as loud as the ones made for previous years. Many people have talked about drone, but I only have it at very low rpm in 5th gear, which I am seldom at anyways. Much lower, deeper growl than stock. A friend of mine put the magnaflows on and took them off after one day, he now has the steeda system on and they are pretty loud. I recommend the flows only if you are looking for a deeper pretty aggressive sound. If you want really loud, head turning sound these are not for you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
my flows sounded great when i first got them, not to loud. this is good, bc my cats and x pipe made them a bit louder. i plan to go with long tubes and no cats in the future, so i think the flows are perfect for a growing system like min, or just by them selves with the factory stuff they are great too. and if you want more loudness and keep the deep tone, go with the mac pro chamber, it replaces the h pipe and gains about 3 hp, more than all the other x-pipe.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I heard them on a new Stng, I love them and will be getting them soon

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've had mine about five months now. I love the sound. Deep and mellow at idle and good growl on acceleration. They also have a rather nasty aggressive sound during deceleration too!

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea babyyyy thats what I am getting put on later...Will lets yea know how they sound.They have to be a bit louder then the stock ones that came with the car.......JohnnyT

N

·
0 Posts
i love the way my 06gt sounds stock....i think ford hit the money on it....flowmasters for previous years...my 2000 poney rocks with it...but the newer stangs sound downright mean right out the box...anyone agree...?i'm gonna save the muffler money for 3.73 gears

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put them on my 05 and they do sound great. Not MUCH louder at idle...but definitely deeper and throatier. Then on accel it sounds GREAT and decel sounds great too. The onyl problem I have is the drone when running at abotu 2K RPMs in 4th and 5th gear.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Cool, I think this is what Ill be putting on mine also. Was a toss up vs the flows, and bassani. The price became the winning factor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cost $60 to have them put on but it was well worth it....They are very Loud,Much louder then the stocks.I am starting to enjoy riding the Stang Gt more now since I got the American Thunder...JohnnyT

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
Cost $60 to have them put on but it was well worth it....They are very Loud,Much louder then the stocks.I am starting to enjoy riding the Stang Gt more now since I got the American Thunder...JohnnyT
Nice Johnny! :drink: Glad you're happy with them, makes me feel even better about choosing them.
I am thankful I have an 8 bay shop with lifts at my disposal 24/7. Perks of being a manager of a goodyear store. That 60 bucks can go towards the next mod!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea that $60 yea can go out to Burger King for the next year on Sat nights and let all the kids with their junkie looking cars glow over yours lol...JohnnyT:winks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Love my Flowmaster American Thunder -- everyone has commented on the sound -- there was also a definite improvemnt on the sound once I SCT tuned for 93 octane.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
RedFire_Dave said:
Love my Flowmaster American Thunder -- everyone has commented on the sound -- there was also a definite improvemnt on the sound once I SCT tuned for 93 octane.
Thats more good news to my ears. SCT and CAI are on for 1st mod. Besides sequencials i got for b-day. Then the Flows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts