Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i bought a flowmaster exhaust "Axle-back System 409S - Single Rear Exit - American Thunder " for my mustang v6 and it was just perfect, i really love the sound, it almost made me forget i had a v6 hahaha but a few months ago, cops pulled me over and gave me a ticked because they said it was "illegal". They obviously had no clue of what they were talking about, they said that it was simply illegal because it was not perfectly identical to the stock one. I just want to know your opinion, is it really illegal ? Is there something missing in the exhaust ? I need help to contest the 2x400$ tickets because they gave me a little bit of time to change it , since i kept it, they waited for me just next to my house and gave me a second one ! i had no choice to remove it because the 3rd time, they take my car for 30 days :/

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Really? You need to research the exact wording of the law you were cited for. Here in AZ, you can modify an exhaust anyway you want, as long as it's not excessively loud. If you can, post the wording here, you might get more ideas on how to fight it..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Reading posts like this really make me mad, how many motorcycles do you see get pulled over for loud exhaust?? I got pulled for window tint and was told my 93GT was to loud but was sitting there while a Harley pulled up and then took off and was clearly twice as loud.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2009 45th Anniversary Pony Package manual, all FRPP mods
114 Posts
Coming soon to a nanny-state in the US near you. Sorry you have to deal with such crap, OP.
Mike B

·
Registered
723 Posts
Isn't modifying the exhaust period technically illegal?
+1 on motorcycles. Super loud but cops will go pull us over for having mismatching exhaust pipes....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Good find Terlingua. If I was the OP, I'd try to fight it as it's a noise beef (assuming the flowmaster isn't wicked loud). But then again, it looks like the OP is MIA..

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey all, i bought a flowmaster exhaust "Axle-back System 409S - Single Rear Exit - American Thunder " for my mustang v6 and it was just perfect, i really love the sound, it almost made me forget i had a v6 hahaha but a few months ago, cops pulled me over and gave me a ticked because they said it was "illegal". They obviously had no clue of what they were talking about, they said that it was simply illegal because it was not perfectly identical to the stock one. I just want to know your opinion, is it really illegal ? Is there something missing in the exhaust ? I need help to contest the 2x400$ tickets because they gave me a little bit of time to change it , since i kept it, they waited for me just next to my house and gave me a second one ! i had no choice to remove it because the 3rd time, they take my car for 30 days :/
Where do you live? It is not illegal as all exhaust meet state guidelines with the exception of California. I am a retired police sergeant and run duals on mine. Are your causing the officer to give you more attention then you deserve? Are you racing up and down your street thereby causing your neighbors to complain? Has to more to the story. If not, call the department he is with and complain about targeting. As far as court, take your receipts in with you and show that it is a legal exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts