Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone how much HP Flowmaster adds?. Is there diff. kinds? I haven't got that part down yet. I read about 15rwhp,but then I read that it could go up 40+rwhp? little confused.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
As far as horse power increases, Flowmaster is at the bottom of the scale. Magnaflow, Bassani, Dynomax are some that will outperform Flowmaster any day. Use the search feature to look for info.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
40rwhp? No way!!! 15rwhp? Wishful thinking!!! I wouldn't expect much out of a cat-back system on it's own. Pair it up with a mid-pipe and you may notice a difference. Throw in some long-tube headers and maybe with a little luck and prayer, you will reach a 40 rwhp gain.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You MIGHT get 5 hp out of a set of mufflers. Perhaps 10-12 out of a full cat back system. Whether you're just buying new mufflers to weld in, or a whole cat-back, shop by sound not HP. The differences in HP are minimal, but differences in sound are dramatic. Pick the ones you like to listen to -- you'll have to listen to them for a long time.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Agree 100% with Langod

The Flowmasters might give you 5 RWHP +/-
The way how they sound is like +40 HP, but that's wishful thinking.

I dynoed my Challenger with the stock 4 muffler exhaust and I dynoed it with only 2 strait thru 2 1/2 " Flow masters. A full gain of a whopping 8 HP!!! Plus I lost about 10 HP up to 2500 RPM. Thats on a 383 cui 4bbl hot cam setup.

It's all in the mind dude...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.