1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not bad! I still like the sound of the MRT's better. One thing I really like are the physical size of these. The stock cannisters are way too big.... in my opinion.

How much are these BTW? MRT's are 429.00 US

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad! I still like the sound of the MRT's better. One thing I really like are the physical size of these. The stock cannisters are way too big.... in my opinion.

Not sure of the price, can't seem to find one yet... I think I read on one of the youtube comments that someone called and Flowmaster said they'd be out in about 1 month.

I can't imagine they would be more than 400-500 looking at the price of their 2010 Camaro mufflers. Unless they charge more because they're giving you a pipe/clamp to hook into the existing stock cat-back piping. Also looks like they may include a couple nice chrome tips.

I don't know about how they sound inside the car, but compared to the MaxThunder or the Magnaflow Street/Competition, the flowmaster doesn't seem to have as deep of a sound. I don't know if that would be better or not, it may not have as much of a drone inside the car which would be cool. I'd like to see videos inside while driving at 2-3k RPM.

I do like the deep sound of the other systems, just not sure how loud I want to go.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Not sure of the price, can't seem to find one yet... I think I read on one of the youtube comments that someone called and Flowmaster said they'd be out in about 1 month.

I can't imagine they would be more than 400-500 looking at the price of their 2010 Camaro mufflers. Unless they charge more because they're giving you a pipe/clamp to hook into the existing stock cat-back piping. Also looks like they may include a couple nice chrome tips.

I don't know about how they sound inside the car, but compared to the MaxThunder or the Magnaflow Street/Competition, the flowmaster doesn't seem to have as deep of a sound. I don't know if that would be better or not, it may not have as much of a drone inside the car which would be cool. I'd like to see videos inside while driving at 2-3k RPM.

I do like the deep sound of the other systems, just not sure how loud I want to go.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Im waiting till next yr save my money up and take advantage of flowmasters custom series. Make it sound the way i want it to sound

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
another thing i hate is all these muffler companies all they show is the car driving and revving. Next to never do you see the car with their mufflers at idle. Thats the sound u have when pulling into a show, thats the sounds the throttle and go is what it next. Show me that rumble at idle, thats what gets me smiling

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
they sound pretty good. i havent heard the magnaflows yet to compare but you cant beat flowmasters.

then again, i also found a video of borlas new ATAK mufflers on a v6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAr8Apqa6ss

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wish Borla would give an update on availability or maybe a better video showing the ATAK exhaust. That one has been up for almost 2 months and their website still says coming soon. I wanted to compare it to the Magnaflows which are now in stock.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Right...I'm waiting on Borla to get theirs to market as well. I tend to go for Borla most of the time in the past. I just like the look and sound of their product.

So...c'mon Borla. Get with the program and let us have price and better audio on the ATAK for the 3.7L V6.

·
Registered
220 Posts
+1 on the Borla's. I'm ready :smoke:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't understand why Borla just decided to put a video up of the car at full rev. Wish they would have done similar videos like Magnaflow, MaxThunder, and Flowmasters. Only hearing that exhaust along with all the burnout noise really didn't turn me on to it all that much. I hope they get a better video clip out of the ATAK system and a price soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.