Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 V6 3.8l with stock headers, Pypes o/r x pipe, and the Flowmaster American Thunder GT Catback (super 40's mufflers). I've heard that original 40's are louder but it was in a 5.0l forum and i'm wanting to know if anyone knows which sounds better? Should I stick with super 40's good sound till higher rpms, or go with original 40's for more volume (only if it won't sacrifice deepness). Any opinions, suggestions or any experiences from hearing the two please post them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had the silver original 40's. Switched to 10 series soon after. Felt it was better sounding. Check you-tube and listen to the differences.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found your vid rob it sounds really good, but i dont know how it would sound on mine since yours is divorce dual and mine is o/r x-pipe. But that is the best divorce dual ive heard usually even with cats and mufflers they still sound higher pitched. Mines has a really throaty tone and sounds good at low rpm but at like 17-1800 it gets high pitched:/
Here's two vids of it im looking for some more volume and maybe a way to deepen it a little without changing mid pipe (if possible).

01 V6 Mustang o/r X-Pipe Flowmaster Super 40's - YouTube

01 V6 Mustang o/r X-Pipe Flowmaster Super 40's Drive by's - YouTube
(Sounds closer to in person with good quality headphones and its much louder in person)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts