Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay a few details first. My car already had a Magnaflow catback system when I bought it. I bought Flowmaster 40's to just swap the mufflers. The exhaust piping is 2.5 inches, so I purchased the 2.5 inch mufflers. The inlet and outlet on the Magnaflows were offset, so I got the same offset for the Flowmasters.

Took off the old mufflers, not much problems. When I went to slide the Flowmasters on, I realized that the outlet was not going to slide INSIDE the exhaust piping (the part that takes it over the axle toward the tailpipes). They fit perfectly on the inlet side, but the outlet was the exact same size as the rest of the piping. I guess I figured Flowmaster would have enough common sense to know that the outlet has to fit into the rest of the pipes. If the piping is 2.5 inches, then they should make the muffler outlets to fit into a 2.5 inch pipe.

What can I do to fix this? Can a muffler shop shrink the Flowmaster outlet enough to slide into the piping? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can purchase a sleeve or clamp that will allow u to insert both the outlet of the flows and rear exhaust tube into both ends. From there, you can either weld it in place or clamp it. Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Muffler shop would expand the pipe not shrink it. Maybe like 10bucks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.