Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've a short question. In the picture you can see how my exhaust system looks like at the moment. - It sounds amazing, but is not street-legal in Germany at all. - Now I have the chance to get a full system incl. Raptor-mufflers for a great price.

Does anyone have a soundfile of these mufflers on a Ford 302 engine. (with or w/o headers)

Just wanto to know what I can expect.

Thanks
Ben :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm running the Raptors on my '66 Fastback with a 347 stroker and though they are not overly loud, they do sound good. I don't want my exhaust to be too loud, so these are perfect for me. Not to mention that they are very reasonably priced.

If you're looking for something louder, you should probably consider getting your mufflers from Flowmaster, Super 40 or 40 Series Delta Flow.

Unfortunately I don't have a soundfile.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks man. They should not be too loud, but should have a great sound. I'll try this system. I can still change to flowmaster if the exhaut is not loud enough.

Maybe someone else got a soundfile or video on hand?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
For loud you can put some magnaflow resonators, flow super 44s, or look into pypes exhaust. My gf has pypes on her 302 with straight pipe no h or x pipe and they sound mean. I run the super 44s they're loud and have that flow sound. You'll be legal. Resonators/glasspacks didn't get me in trouble but they were ridiculously loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everyone,

my car is now officially street-legal in Germany. I did not use the Raptor Muffles. I used an custom exhaust system with custom-mufflers. The 302 already got headers installed, so it now has some awesome sound!

Here's a small video for you:

1970 Ford Mustang 302 F-Code - YouTube

Would love to get some comments from your side! :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts