Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that sells these? I've seen a few pictures of them and was wondering were to find them.

They're flush mounted inside the window versus on the outside of the window.

Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
SilverHorseRacing (the guy who makes the honeycomb rear blackout panel) is coming out with a set soon that will look like the original style louvers and be flush mounted like you're talking about.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StangNut said:
SilverHorseRacing (the guy who makes the honeycomb rear blackout panel) is coming out with a set soon that will look like the original style louvers and be flush mounted like you're talking about.
That's great news. Thanks for the answer. I'll try to find the picture of what I've seen already.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StangNut said:
Is this the picture you're referring to?

Here's the thread where SHR has been keeping everyone up to date on the progress of the louvers.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=39193

Oh and his louvers will look a LOT better than the ones in that picture.
those look like the ones I saw...that on looks a litle rough, but I'm sure it was a one off. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Also, that's not a picture of the ones SHR is doing, but it's the only flush mount louvers I've seen. That car was at SEMA. Not sure who's it was.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StangNut said:
Also, that's not a picture of the ones SHR is doing, but it's the only flush mount louvers I've seen. That car was at SEMA. Not sure who's it was.
I can't wait to see what they've come up with. They did a nice job on the honeycomb back piece they're selling.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those ironman 1/4 window louvers look terrible. The second set looks pretty bad too. In MMFF ive seen ads from boyd coddington for his rims and they have a black mustang that has the vintage mustang window louvers (the real functional ones), someone has told me that they were airbrushed in but it looks like a really sweet custom job. Let me know if anyone has seen this also.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
originalsnake said:
Those ironman 1/4 window louvers look terrible. The second set looks pretty bad too. In MMFF ive seen ads from boyd coddington for his rims and they have a black mustang that has the vintage mustang window louvers (the real functional ones), someone has told me that they were airbrushed in but it looks like a really sweet custom job. Let me know if anyone has seen this also.
I think that's the ad I saw....it's a Discount Tire ad for Boyd Coddington rims. It's in the newest 'Mustangs & Fast Fords' near the front.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah thats the ad. Tell me those louvers dont look amazing on that car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MSgt46270 said:
Sorry to say, it looks like crap. But that's just me and to each they're own.
Why does it look like crap?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I do not think the pictures on the website do them justice. I have the louvers mounted on the glass and I always thought they took a little off the smooth lines.
With the right paint job, air brushed, these may be what I was hoping the CDC louvers would be.

I am willing to fork over 110 bucks to see if they work. I think the paint job will cost more than the product. However, I know a great artist here in Houston that does fantastic work on motorcycle helmets. I would be willing to give him the pieces to do a little retro look job. Similar to the grill look on Boyd Coddington's old Mustang.

Sometimes it is hard to think outside the box, the risks are expesive, yet when things work, we would be a hit.

·
Registered
202 Posts
They don't look too bad but I definitely wouldn't remove my glass in order to install them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
whatisee said:
Why does it look like crap?
I just don't like the way they look. I haven't seen anything that flush mounted that looks good. If it looked more like the old style with the window, then it might look good?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can hear what you guys are saying. Remember the pictures you see are of the prototype.

I doubt much will change now, but on the whole I'm happy with it. I think the angle of the louver could be a little more steep, but I'm not putting up the cash to fab these babies.

Until I see a black pair installed. I can picture in my mind what they'll look like, and I have to say that it's better than the louvers that sit on the outside of the window.

And in the end I can always re-sell them on Ebay for twice what I'll pay for them. So it's a win - win in my book.

·
Registered
255 Posts
MSgt46270 said:
I just don't like the way they look. I haven't seen anything that flush mounted that looks good. If it looked more like the old style with the window, then it might look good?
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about not looking like the old school ones. They're the only ones on the market that do look like the real lovers from '65/'66.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts