Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
StangNut said:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about not looking like the old school ones. They're the only ones on the market that do look like the real lovers from '65/'66.
I think I can address this... Let me first state that I have already pre-ordered the louvers, so regardless, I like them enough to get them.

I think in order for them to be truely old-school in look, they would need a 'lip' on them that is slightly raised, and for the outer part to actually overlap the body panel some and for that the area outside of the actual louver to be shaped such that it's more rectangular in the rear area. The shape of the new mustang window is not as square off as the old 65-68 louver area, so when you just fill it with a louver, you're not getting the true retro-look of the 60's mustang fastback.

-danny

·
Registered
255 Posts
True. That "lip" is the one thing I think would improve SHR's louvers a lot. However, I'd give up the lip and the "corners" for louvers that aren't stuck to the outside of the car. The "replacements" just look more like they belong, IMO.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If anyone doesn't want to install the flush mounted louvers because you need to remove your window, or you just don't want to wait for the Silverhorseracing ones then I suggest looking at the ones from Stage 3 Motorsports. They are not flush mounted but they are the nicest louvers I have seen so far for the S197. I haven't heard much about them on the forums but as soon as I saw them I ordered a set. They're nicer than the Roush, Street Scene and CDC imo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now...who doesn't want to install these louvers? They look AWESOME

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
whatisee said:
Now...who doesn't want to install these louvers? They look AWESOME
I just wouldn't want to UNinstall my quarter windows.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts