Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see my other post I put on here, so I'm posting again, but my flywheel is so screwed. I got my clutch and flywheel put in, my clutch is great, I love it. But I won't have a chance to love it because of the flywheel I also put in. I can tell the difference, it does speed up easier, but I swear if that car couldn't make the best chocolate milk if you just threw some milk and chocolate syrup in a glass, and then drove around with it in the car for 30 sec. They did warn me, it shakes like hell, but this is far beyond what I imagined! I'm scared to drive my car! They said the flywheel wasn't balanced correctly for my car, but i got the flywheel from

http://www.lmperformance.com/3541/50.html

PLEASE, if you have any suggestions, let me know! I'll be riding with my friends for a while... :sosad:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Dustang99 said:
I don't see my other post I put on here, so I'm posting again, but my flywheel is so screwed. I got my clutch and flywheel put in, my clutch is great, I love it. But I won't have a chance to love it because of the flywheel I also put in. I can tell the difference, it does speed up easier, but I swear if that car couldn't make the best chocolate milk if you just threw some milk and chocolate syrup in a glass, and then drove around with it in the car for 30 sec. They did warn me, it shakes like hell, but this is far beyond what I imagined! I'm scared to drive my car! They said the flywheel wasn't balanced correctly for my car, but i got the flywheel from

http://www.lmperformance.com/3541/50.html

PLEASE, if you have any suggestions, let me know! I'll be riding with my friends for a while... :sosad:
you've got a 99?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I'm pretty sure in 1999, it's zero balanced. But I don't know if they made the change in 1999 or 2001.
Did some research, it's zero balanced, Likely culprits are either a clutch adjustment is needed, or the balance should be checked.

Does it vibrate in neutral?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, well i just talked to a guy from LMPerformance and someone from SPEC, and apparently LMPerformance had the wrong part number listed, so I got a 0 balanced flywheel intended for a thunderbird... =/ Well I'm getting the right one sent to me, but I just got screwed on labor. And yes it vibrates in neutral, in 1st, 2nd, the whole time... :sterb:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Dustang99 said:
Ah, well i just talked to a guy from LMPerformance and someone from SPEC, and apparently LMPerformance had the wrong part number listed, so I got a 0 balanced flywheel intended for a thunderbird... =/ Well I'm getting the right one sent to me, but I just got screwed on labor. And yes it vibrates in neutral, in 1st, 2nd, the whole time... :sterb:
Send them the receipt, and ask them to pay for the labor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.