Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I am about to have a [email protected]#$% anyerism (sp?)...So I get my FMU back from Paxton today all redone/rebuilt whatever...I stick it in and test it with a pump, and indeed the fuel pressure goes up much easier than before, so I think great...So I take her out for a spin to see if my detonation will be cured...Guess what, NO RISE IN FUEL PRESSURE UNDER BOOST...So I call Paxton and ask them what the hell to do...Their advice is to hook the fmu vac line directly to the intake if possible...So I remove the EVP line next to where the FPR line hooks into the intake and put the FMU line on right there, on its own dedicated direct FuK#[email protected]% port...Take her out for a spin, at 2-3psi of boost my pressure is only going up maybe 2psi, hell my Mallory FPR might be doing that as it is a 1:1 ratio, but anyway, basically no damn rise in fuel pressure, so of course detonation is still there...Paxton's exact words "there is no reason this should be happening, the fmu is working, the car is showing boost on a gauge, everything should be working"...So I said well that does me a lot of good at this point, so after telling me they have never had a car in the history of Paxton Automotive have this problem he suggests I "t" into the brake booster line b/c it is the biggest/cleanest source of vaccum/boost...I don't have the "t" for that, and I'm too pissed to go get one tonight so I just put it up for the evening...Why the Fu#[email protected] am I not showing a rise in pressure?????????????????????...Only thing I can think of is
1. I'm not making boost at all even though the gauge says it and I feel it
2. The FMU is still requiring more than 1-2psi to start pinching off the return fuel line, which I don't know how much psi I am putting on it with the bike pump but it feels like more than 1 or 2 psi before it rises at all...I can blow on it with my mout and get the pressure to go up a couple psi but that's it...Paxton says that I could get the fuel pressure to rise at all with my mouth means the fmu is working
3. God hates me and wants me to suffer
Please help me out...What the hell do I do?????????

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Please tell me what is your complete fuel delivery arrangement, do you have inline pumps?, brand? pump has electronic module that controls when it goes online? if so brand?

all details you can mention

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.