Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang GT w/ 145,000 miles on it and a manual tranny. Today I noticed the fog lamps quick working. I tried the headlight switch AND the fog light switch 100 times!!! nothing...I thought maybe a fuse went out because it would be weird if both lights went out at once. Also, I have a couple choices for my exhaust. As of right now, the exhaust is all messed up. The previous owner tried to redo the system, but the welding is a mess, the left side muffler hangs too low, and the hangers are breaking off. I have the option to FIX the exhaust pipes by replacing the tail pipes and re-adjusting the muffler. (BTW, the tail pipes are hitting my rear axle so they are starting to squeeze shut). That will cost $315 to get it done professionally. (i dont have the tools or experience to do it myself). If I get it fixed, Ill get better gas mileage and gain some lost power. The other option is to buy a Borla Catback system from AmericanMuscle.com and have my whole exhaust replaced behind the x-pipe (stock). That will cost me $590 for the parts and about $125 for installation. if I do this, i'll gain a lot of power and get some better gas mileage. WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE?!?!?!? The reason for the tough decision is that I have a list of other things to do to my car: replace blown speakers and crappy stereo, throttle body, CAI, billet pedals, short shifter, etc. What will be more benefitting to me?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I would go with the Borla cat back, the CAI you can opt to only do a K&N factory replacement for now.
Doing the exhaust the right way will save you money in the long run. And you can always sell the old exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts