Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched Goggle and AFM before posting:

Got the Mustang all cleaned up and shinny and noticed some haze in the fog lights. Closer look and it appears to be on the refractive (shinny) lens. Looks like cloudy spots. Those are a sealed unit, any way to shine them up again and get rid of the cloudiness?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buffing

If, and this is a big if, the 'fogging' is on the outside you can use a really fine rubbing compound and buff the lens. This needs to be a wet buff and a very fine compound.

Sometimes the lens is scratch by dust and general roadware.

If its on the inside, you can remove the lens and dry it out (baking in the oven or let it sit out in the sun for a day). Re-seal the lens when you put it back on.

If it doesn't bug you too much, I'd leave it alone. :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If, and this is a big if, the 'fogging' is on the outside you can use a really fine rubbing compound and buff the lens. This needs to be a wet buff and a very fine compound.

Sometimes the lens is scratch by dust and general roadware.

If its on the inside, you can remove the lens and dry it out (baking in the oven or let it sit out in the sun for a day). Re-seal the lens when you put it back on.

If it doesn't bug you too much, I'd leave it alone. :)
If it's on the inside and you can get it apart, I wouldn't rub the shiney part...just rinse it somehow. I had the same issue with my Mag flashlight and I actually rubbed some of the shiney stuff off and made it worse...so be careful.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Perhaps using a hairdryer would work? Insert into hole where foglamp was and dry it. I have the same problem with one of my foglights also. Its a new 2007 and up foglight. Never had this problem with my 2006 foglight. Anyone else had this happen before?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I've attempted to remove the grill to get the "foglight casing" out of the grill, but I can't get the stupid grill off the bumper??? Any tips??? :(

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi

Just remove the top plastic cover (where the hood latch is) . This should give you enough access to either the grille or the fog lamp.

BTW. If it is fogy it might have a tiny crack somewhere. Just get a new one, they don't cost that much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.