Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've noticed since I put my CAI on (idk whether its shear coincidence, or because of that), but when its humid outside like it has been the last few nights Ive been at work (by the beach), my windshield will fog up when the engine reaches normal operating temp. And no its not me leaving my windows down, I put the defroster on with the AC and windows UP and for some reason my front windshield still fogs up, and I can tell its warm air coming from the engine. This did not happen before I put my CAI on. Any reason?? Any way to make it go away/stop? Anyone else encounter this? Its really only when its very humid outside, or after rain (car being wet, plus windshield.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ok, so I've noticed since I put my CAI on (idk whether its shear coincidence, or because of that), but when its humid outside like it has been the last few nights Ive been at work (by the beach), my windshield will fog up when the engine reaches normal operating temp. And no its not me leaving my windows down, I put the defroster on with the AC and windows UP and for some reason my front windshield still fogs up, and I can tell its warm air coming from the engine. This did not happen before I put my CAI on. Any reason?? Any way to make it go away/stop? Anyone else encounter this? Its really only when its very humid outside, or after rain (car being wet, plus windshield.
Sounds normal to me. My car does the same thing and its stock.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Turn the AC on, don't choose MAX AC as that also pulls outside air in.
With that said, you may also choose blower and set temp control to cool (blue) then direct air to windshield.

·
Registered
396 Posts
iTS DUE TO THE HUMITURE! Its when there is a major contrast in the outside and inside air and humidity. To resolve,,turn A/C on to defrost. make sure you have the air recirc ulator on,,turn temp down slightly from max cold,,this should resolve it,,if it still fogs keep turning temp dowm but A/C on untill it goes away. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea I mean ive obvi been using the defroster, the back gets defrosted, but the front, I have it on Cold, Defroster and Feet (only setting), and Rear defroster. However I havent tried yet with the circulator on. I ve only had it on total cold (all the way blue). Also what I mean is that the stuff can be temporarily taken away if I wash the windshield (like 10 seconds hhaha), so what im saying is it is for sure on the OUTSIDE not inside.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have this on a stock stang as well. Usually in the morning when I get coffee. I used to just hit the defrost button and it takes care of it in seconds. Now I don't have to because I treated the windshield, inside and out with "rainx" The fog doesn't seem to stick on the inside anymore, and I'm impressed that I don't have to use my wipers in rain as much. Bugs seem to come off easier too.

Please note they have products for rain and fog, inside and out so if this interests you, get the right one.

I think your issue is normal with or without the cai.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's just normal condensation. If it's humid and warm outside and your windshield glass is cold, you're going to get condensation. As has been stated, you can try some rain-x products to reduce the effects. Blowing a mild temperature air with the a/c compressor running should clear it up as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think the real answer is the vent system defaults (I believe) to defroster mode when turned off, so humid air is coming in from the outside and directed right at the window. Ever notice when you turn the air on to the center vents it takes about 5 seconds for the air to be directed to you?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Its from the excitement of driving a finely honed machine and the associated heavy breathing the ensues (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Is it anything like this?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have had this issue also regardless of stock air box or CAI. I have just gotten used to it. Happens year round and make no difference weather or not I've had the heat on or a/c. but goes away (dries up) as soon as the defroster is turned on.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mean yea it does look like that, but it wont go away when I turn the defroster on. The air just keeps coming back. And I use rainx too, just havent applied it for a few weeks, so when I wash/clay/fix the swirls in my car later today, and encounter the conditions again, Ill A reapply rainx (after I wash later) and B try the air circulator and all that stuff to see what happens IF the same result occurs.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I believe OP is taking about the windshield on the interior bottom center area.
I get this a lot too. Never had this problem with other cars. Makes me think it's a design issue. Has anyone solved this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.