Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the problems in the '05 Mustangs fixed for '06? Things such as the stereo, fuel tank, weird noises, tranmission...etc. I really want to get an '06 GT but dont want to visit the mechanic every week. How's yr 06's doing?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
moshiden said:
Are the problems in the '05 Mustangs fixed for '06? Things such as the stereo, fuel tank, weird noises, tranmission...etc. I really want to get an '06 GT but dont want to visit the mechanic every week. How's yr 06's doing?
I just have the stock radio so I can't comment on that, the only issue I found was with the gas tank, but it is not big deal since it only happens at a few stations. I have a little over 3K miles on mine. No squeaks,transmission,problems etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 06 GT with about 1600 miles on it. I have yet to have any problems. The shaker 500 seems to work well, and I think it sounds pretty good. I have not had any skipping or disc errors (burned discs and mp3s included). I have not had any gas tank problems...or any other mechanical defects. My only issue so far is the loud clicking noise made by the AC compressor/defroster. This is normal...but it is loud and kind of distracting at times. Anyway, to summarize...no problems for me so far.

BTW. Mine is an 06 premium coupe, 5 speed, 18" bullits.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i know, isnt that a/c clutch loud? cant stand it!!!! when you hav the windows down it is very distracting!!!! vynle
Tilt said:
I have an 06 GT with about 1600 miles on it. I have yet to have any problems. The shaker 500 seems to work well, and I think it sounds pretty good. I have not had any skipping or disc errors (burned discs and mp3s included). I have not had any gas tank problems...or any other mechanical defects. My only issue so far is the loud clicking noise made by the AC compressor/defroster. This is normal...but it is loud and kind of distracting at times. Anyway, to summarize...no problems for me so far.

BTW. Mine is an 06 premium coupe, 5 speed, 18" bullits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ditto. '06 GT Premium 5-speed, IUP, Shaker 500, 18" Bullits, JLT, xcal, etc.....
2500 miles and not yet a problem. No skipper stereo, not tank fill problems, no drone (but the MAC axlebacks go on tommorrow, so that could change!) Did notice a vibration at about 80 MPH yesterday, but I really think it was the interstate surface I was on (I was returning from Louisiana, and they don't have the best freeways around). Had never felt a vibration before. I am checking my tires this afternoon just to be sure.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Only problem I've had is with the fuel tank.Only happen's every now and then though.

N

·
0 Posts
truthfully havent had any problem yet....and honestly in all the years i've owned mustangs i never turned the ac on in any of em....windows down and high speed even in florida

·
Registered
191 Posts
iv'e had mine for 4 months no problems except for the window tint being scratched when you roll down the windows.....other than that just fun and lots of looks.....:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I was researching the new S197 Mustang, I believe I read an article on Ford addressing the early TSB issues (Shaker, Fuel Tank, Suspension, etc...). It stated that in April of 2005 Ford had changed their production line at the factory to deal with each of these problems. Regardless, I know mine was made in May of 2005 and delivered in late June. Luckily, I have experienced none of these problems. Only issue I had was a broken seat lever.

Interestingly enough, if you look at Consumer Reports ratings of the 2005 Mustang, the GT got a good reliability score and was recommended (same as most other sports sedans), but the V6 got a poor one. I would never by a Sports Car based on CR, though. They may be great at testing toasters or baby strollers, but some of us live life to enjoy the ride, not just to have a perfectly toasted english muffin. My theory is the V8 engine, suspension, and drivetrain is tougher than the V6, although it could be because more GTs are manuals or something else.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
darkdayz said:
iv'e had mine for 4 months no problems except for the window tint being scratched when you roll down the windows.....other than that just fun and lots of looks.....:cool:
where on your window are you getting scratches? someone asked me awhile back about scratches in my tint and something about putting on some felt strips? (might have been you, i donno) well, i too now have scratches. on the lower portion of the passenger window. vertical (up and down) scratches about 1 inch in length, running the length of the window towards the bottom. about 15 to 20 of them. whats weird is i can only recall one time i have ever rolled down that window, and it was by accident. (wasnt looking and hit the wrong switch) dont ever use it. so i dont know how they got there, but they are definately new. none on the drivers side yet....

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
moshiden said:
What problems, :heha: :rollgrin: FIXED Sorry, I couldn't resist and have no idea :wavey I've only had the popper front end on my '05 fixed, but somewhere it says that the "06's should be free of the common '05 gremlins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not to burst the bubble here as most of you have not had any problems but I have an 06 and I've had a few problems. Just to be clear, I drive a lot and in the 4 months of enjoyment, I 've put on 7000 miles. My radio was replaced early on because of the skipping thing and I've also had my tank replaced twice. The final time they actually "custom" fixed my filling problem by cutting two inches off of the filler neck and drilling two extra holes in it to allow the air in the tank to escape faster. However, it still prematurely clicks off so I figure I'd just live with it until there is a "real" fix. Besides that and a few rattles in the dash, it has been fine. The joy that this car brings to me more than outweighs the little inconvenience that the problems cause. Besides, my dealers have been real nice to me and they even know me on a first name basis! :laughlitt

As for the tint scratching... When I got mine done, the guy showed me that the inside window strip is just hard plastic and not lined with felt like they used to be. He offered to line the strips for like $20 with felt. I let him do it and I've had my tint for 4 months now and I have yet to see any scratches!!!

N

·
0 Posts
wow...i'm sort of scared by all the issues but still....not even the slightest problem yet on my 06gt...and i've been looking..maybe like anything else its luck...i bought my gt on the ford website and had it sent to the dealer of my choice with all my options...maybe they just make some more carefully than others...humans are humans i guess...hmmm...hey maybe with all the ford problems they'll go belly up and our mustangs will shoot up in value to instant classics

·
Registered
361 Posts
GTNOS said:
where on your window are you getting scratches? someone asked me awhile back about scratches in my tint and something about putting on some felt strips? (might have been you, i donno) well, i too now have scratches. on the lower portion of the passenger window. vertical (up and down) scratches about 1 inch in length, running the length of the window towards the bottom. about 15 to 20 of them. whats weird is i can only recall one time i have ever rolled down that window, and it was by accident. (wasnt looking and hit the wrong switch) dont ever use it. so i dont know how they got there, but they are definately new. none on the drivers side yet....
I have this same problem. I had seen a previous post about this issue and asked the shop about adding felt strips when I took it in. She assured me that they also tint BMW windows that also automatically lower/raise and they use a little extra tint inside the door and really heat it up good and hadn't had any problems. I had the tint done 4 weeks ago and still have not rolled the windows down. But I have several scratches at the bottom of both windows about an inch high....only visible when the door is closed. :rolleyes: Now I'm trying to decide if I should get picky about it and take it back in...lifetime warranty and all that and I DID ask.... Also, do any of you with tint notice the back window being 'blurred' at all? Especially when lights are shining through at night??

Other than that....I've had my 06 GT for about 5 weeks, have 1200 miles on it and the only problem so far is the gas tank. They replaced the filler neck and so far, so good.

Oh! I did notice my Shaker 500 having problems with a CD I had burned a couple of times. Hit the middle of a song, then just skipped to the next track. Only did that a couple of times and I have since been able to play that same CD several times straight through...dunno.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
darkdayz said:
Since tinting is aftermarket, how can you call this a problem?

·
Registered
138 Posts
So far so good, except for the fuel data file error beep once in a while. The error seemed to be only caused by gas at Sam's club though. I've been using Cheveron and it's been fine since (only a couple of tanks though). Nearly 1000 miles now and the only noise is a small rattle in the right door panel sometimes - it comes and goes. Other than these small things, everything else has been just perfect!

Joe

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 06 just rolled over to 6,000 miles today, and I haven't had a single problem with it. My wife loves the Shaker 500 which certainly beats anything we ahve had previously. I worked as a Ford tech for almost 15 years, so I waited for the second model year to buy my GT. I have seen many first year foibles, and even manuals that were just plain wrong for first model year. This new Mustang is by far the highest build quality ever to come from Ford.

·
Registered
6 Posts
greetings. . . .

picked up my v6 2005 mustang march 2005. . .. as of now, lil over 8000 miles. . .zero issues knock on wood. . .no mods of any sort . .car handles great . . .amazing pick up and handling. . .done a couple of monster trips with ze car from florida up to nyc. . .from nyc to maine and back . .again. .zero problems. . .so. . you should test drive either version (v6 or v8). . . see how it goes. .and just roll the dice. . .. what a ride it's been for me so far. .hopefully for you too. . .. good luck

p.s.. . .everyone is going to have a different experience obviously. . . .treat the car good. .and good things happen. . .. karma. . .muahh. . .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.