Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those peolpe out there who wanted IUP in my car, but did not get it. While cruising TMS forums yesterday I came across a glimmer of hope for my problem. :happyhapp

Here is a link where they discuss how to get IUP for those of us who do not have it, . http://tinyurl.com/9jcaz. This link has all the part numbers that you need to take to your dealership in order to have the 6-gauge cluster installed, complete with the 256 color option!

I went to my dealership today and they have ordered the parts for me. All the parts for the dash (Cluster and Switch) where about $350. They figure installation should be about 2 hours, so figure another $100 on top of that.

I am also going to have them install the sterring wheel in my car, as I like the IUP steering wheel better then the stock. The steering wheel costs about $200, and they are going to install it at the same time.

Granted it would have been cheaper to have it installed at the factory, but hey, what ya gonna do. I will post the outcome once all is done, along with some pictures.

Just thought that some of you may be interested in this glimmer of hope.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh no...why'd you tell me that...I wanna order it now~! :laughlitt

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the post last night, and ordered it today. They figured a week for the parts to come in, so I scheduled the install for 6/27. I am out of town next week, so I hafta wait. Oh well....

I just cannot wait till everything is in. I made sure to give them my cell phone number so the wifey does not find out.

I can see it now...
New gauges? What new gauges. What are you talking about. They have always been there. :hihi:

·
Registered
80 Posts
LOL...oh man. I'm gonna TELL~!!! :nogrinner I think I might order that too...seriously...but I'd have to hide it from my hubby. :gringreen

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just picked the car up from the dealership after having the IUP Dash and Steering wheel installed, and all that I have to say is "OMG WOW!" I was blown away by how nice it looks and all the information that the Information Center provides.

This is definately one of those "Have to have" things for the Mustang. Took them about 2 to 3 hours to do the Dash and the steering wheel.

I will post some pics once I take some. Need to make sure that the Wife does not catch wind of this one. :D

Oh, the dealership that ordered the parts and did the install is:

**** Milham Ford
Easton, PA
610 253 9191

Chris, Tom, and Greg took great care of me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sweet!

This is my next step in the IUP upgrade... I changed out my handles to the satin handles found in the IUP package and now I really want that cluster... :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Attached are some images that I shot tonight. It is tough to take good pictures of the dash at night because of the flash, but I tried my best.

Attached is a shot of the new steering wheel and a few shots of the dash.

If you do not have the IUP Dash, you are missing out on some cool stuff. The message center is awsome as it will tell you everything you want to know about the car. Average MPH, Miles Per Gallon, Miles left to Emtpy, etc.

Definatley worth the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think that was the better way to go with your grey interior. The black dash panel looks better than the IUP would have so you have the best of both worlds, because I agree about the message center being a must have. I couldn't care less about the MyColor. What a waste of money on such a cheesey gimmick. JMO.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
StangNut

Thanks for the compliment. I have to agree, the bling of the dash is one thing that is just too much for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just ordered my cluster and switch assembly today, so I will soon have the upgraded dash! After reading up on it a bit, I really can't wait for the message center... The MyColor option is just a bonus... :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iceknyght

Congrats, and I can tell you, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's what I like to hear! :)

I can't wait... This is something I wanted ever since I saw the IUP feature... I just did not like that silver dash. Now, piece by piece, I am getting all the pieces of the IUP except the dash... I switched out the door handles a while back and next after the Cluster will be the faux red leather inserts on the door... :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did you get ICAP from the factory or did you add the red leather? (in your sig) If it's from the factory, does tht mean the red door panel inserts only come with ICAP if you get IUP also?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got my red leather seats technically aftermarket... My car originally came with the upgraded cloth seats, but I had the dealership add in leather seats (That was one of the things I definitely wanted), so about a week after I got my car, they had the leather seats put in by the leather company they go through... If you get the ICAP from the factory, you end up with that silver IUP dash which I didn't want, so this way I got the red seats without that feature... I *did* get the ISAP which had the upgraded steering wheel and the upgraded shift knob which are part of the IUP too...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not a prob!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got mine in!

It's so nice and works great!

It took them about an hour to replace it... I'll be playing with the colors tonight... :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on the upgrade, it is soooo worth it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's been a little while since people have posted on this and I got an '06 V6 Mustang about a month ago. I have heard many debate that the later cars are not going to have the wiring harness to do the upgrade. I popped out the plastic holder piece where the message center buttons would be and mine does not have the wiring...bummer..

Has there been any news lately on whether you can get the wiring harness to do the cluster upgrade? I really really want this feature.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts