Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm new here.
I been lurking around the forums for some time and have been deciding between buying a 2012 Mustang GT, GT500 or a 2012 392 Challenger SRT8.

I have test driven both the 392 Challenger and the Mustang GT. Personally I loved the Challenger more but with 10K more for that car I realized that the Mustang is the cheaper buy. I also love the fact that the Mustang has a lot of tuning potential, more so then Dodge/Mopar.

What do you guys think of the new 5.0 Coyote Motor? Is it good for Forced Induction? (Supercharger) Or should I just get a GT500 and pay that extra 20 grand of the car up front?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I love this Saleen interior of the Glossy Black console. Is this something I can buy or custom paint?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Cast pistons, 11 to 1 compression. Not a chance on my motor. Said this already. I love to repeat myself.:hihi:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ford built the block with forced induction in mind, but not the pistons (as pointed out by randeez11) or rods. If you do go the FI route, be sure to include these parts and labor costs in your calculations.

I can tell you that if I wanted a supercharged car, I'd go for a GT500 and have a warranty. However, I doubt I could bring myself to drop $60K on a mustang, even if it is a Shelby.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well it might be difficult to obtain but the Boss is another good option

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm new here.
I been lurking around the forums for some time and have been deciding between buying a 2012 Mustang GT, GT500 or a 2012 392 Challenger SRT8.

I have test driven both the 392 Challenger and the Mustang GT. Personally I loved the Challenger more but with 10K more for that car I realized that the Mustang is the cheaper buy. I also love the fact that the Mustang has a lot of tuning potential, more so then Dodge/Mopar.

What do you guys think of the new 5.0 Coyote Motor? Is it good for Forced Induction? (Supercharger) Or should I just get a GT500 and pay that extra 20 grand of the car up front?
There are quite a few FI 2011+ out there now. They seem to be holding up pretty well.

You could get the Roush blower and have a Roush approved dealer/mechanic install it. You'll get a 3 year/36k warranty with it that way. The FRPP blower is similar with a 1 year/12k warranty, similar requirements.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you are gonna go that route, and really are intrested in forced induction id opt out for the GT500. That and for some reason the MT82 in the gt is rated to only 370 lb tq and the 5.0 is rated to around 390 lb tq (as was posted and refrenced in another thread). And yeah, the car is coverd under warranty and you can even buy an extended warranty and strike up a maintenance contract.

Nothing like a toy that you can break and have it working in a week for free if you pay enough for the maint. contract lol.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the coyote can handle force induction just fine. as long as you stay around 550whp and below 7k rpm the engine should handle it. ofcourse if you beat on it every day you have a chance of something going wrong but you dont even need force induction for that to happen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So then its just like the Challenger, it can handle low boost but even then your risking possible acceleration on wear and tear.

I guess if I want Forced Induction I better go with a GT500.

All these negative posts on these 2011-2012 Transmission issues really raise an eyebrow to me.

I know no car is perfect but Im seeing less issues (especially drivetrain issues) with the challenger.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
So then its just like the Challenger, it can handle low boost but even then your risking possible acceleration on wear and tear.

I guess if I want Forced Induction I better go with a GT500.

All these negative posts on these 2011-2012 Transmission issues really raise an eyebrow to me.

I know no car is perfect but Im seeing less issues (especially drivetrain issues) with the challenger.
Get a challenger then. Just so you know I havnt had any issues with my car. This cars make 700+ rwhp on 10# of boost. If you want more boost you need to build the bottom end to handle more power.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
OP what did you not like about the Challenger...I was at Islington Chrysler looking at trading in on the green 392.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.