Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I posted a thread about a month ago conserning a ford 2100 that was spitting fuel out of its vent hole. I re-seated the float and this seemed to take care of the problem, but i only let i run briefly. After about a month of sitting i decided to start it up and let it run. I started it up and after about 30 seconds fuel started spitting out again. I re-checked the float, and it was still deated properly, so then i checked it to see if maybe it was set to high, but it measured 3/8", i even tried putting my old fuel pump back on, which i recently replaced, thinking maybe it was creating to much fuel pressure. Nothing has seemed to work, I am very confused as to what the problem may be:scratchchin any help would be greatly apprecitated
Thanks,
Evan

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Have you replaced the power valve? On the 2100, I believe that it is possible to rupture its diaphram if you have a backfire through the intake, like a Holley. The power valve is just like Holley's in design and construction and the Holley's can be used as a replacement.

The P/V's diaphram separates the fuel side from the vent side and may be the source of the problem. It's doesn't cost much and is pretty easily replaced. Just make sure that its vacuum rating is the same as the original. (Usually a 6.5 Hg, marked on the valve as a 65.)

Another possibility is the float is sinking. The brass type will have formed a leak and the black nitrophyl plastic type can become saturated with fuel because of age. This will keep the float from sealing off the fuel because of lost bouyancy.

The nitrophyl type will dry out along with the fuel evaporating in the fuel bowl if it sits for extended periods of time. The float will then work fine as fuel is reintroduced until it soaks up the fuel like a sponge, gets heavy and sinks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.