Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1987 f250 with a 351 w HO in it. Im pretty sure the engine isnt the original. the casting number is D9-AE-6015-ED-23 but the date stamp is 2G19. According to the casting number its a 79' meant for a generic ford, but the date stamp says its 72' july. can anyone help me out? maybe i've decoded it wrong.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
With the D9AE casting number, there's no way it can be a 72 block.

Not that there's really any differnce between them...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not familiar with a 351 ho, I think its just a 351, they share the same firing order as the 5.0 ho. What do you need the year for if you dont mind me asking? If you are looking for mods I believe anything for a 351 will work, you may need to specify truck.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I got a 1987 f250 with a 351 w HO in it. Im pretty sure the engine isnt the original. the casting number is D9-AE-6015-ED-23 but the date stamp is 2G19. According to the casting number its a 79' meant for a generic ford, but the date stamp says its 72' july. can anyone help me out? maybe i've decoded it wrong.
All you did was decode the decade incorrectly for the date stamp. The date code has to be the same year as or later than the casting number, not earlier than.

So it's not 1972, it's 1982.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.