Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I joined up with Westside Mustangs here in Houston, and they have a couple of guys that do a lot of work, and of course everyone is modded to some degree. A guy there runs a shop called Quarter Mile Solutions, and he was telling me that with these cams installed it is more of 50hp boost instead of the 30hp that ford claims. He said he has installed these on 4 different cars, and the cams never fail to produce these results. Anyone know anymore about these? Its not the first time I have heard this, so I am curious to know from some of you more knowlegeable guys, if there could be truth to it.

·
Banned
204 Posts
A 50 hp gain from cams? That's pretty darn good.....I would be interested to hear from some of the more experienced modders on this.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I got 48 rwh from mutha thumpr2 with the phasers along with bbk long tubes and catted xpipe. Was at 301 rwh before the install and 349 rwh after the install. thats also dyno tuned not canned . so i think it would be safe to say about 35 to 40 hp gains for sure over 50 if you add heads.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Very doubtful with just cams.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I would talk to the guys he's done that with and see a before and after dyno sheet.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I agree, cams AND longtubes maybe.

·
Registered
573 Posts
25 to 35 is reasonable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
With FRPP cams alone don't expect 50hp, 30hp is about right.

So I joined up with Westside Mustangs here in Houston, and they have a couple of guys that do a lot of work, and of course everyone is modded to some degree. A guy there runs a shop called Quarter Mile Solutions, and he was telling me that with these cams installed it is more of 50hp boost instead of the 30hp that ford claims. He said he has installed these on 4 different cars, and the cams never fail to produce these results. Anyone know anymore about these? Its not the first time I have heard this, so I am curious to know from some of you more knowlegeable guys, if there could be truth to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.