Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford currently has a shortage of sheet metal parts, at least for the 2011-2014 models. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for a new door to come in and they bumped it back a second time for another delay of at least a week...

Ford customer service was absolutely useless...they recommended that the dealer escalate to the regional manager because there was nothing that they could do to expedite it and there was no one at customer service that I could speak with to escalate it. Unfortunately the dealer had already tried that and got nowhere.

How would you feel if you dropped your car off expecting it back in a week and then it turned into OVER A MONTH of delays with no guarantee that it would still be done? I can't blame the dealer because they've been straight forward with me on their efforts to try to get this fixed. I'm pretty ticked off at Ford!!! rant3.gif

If you need to get something fixed and are using OEM parts, make sure they have the darn parts in stock before you let them start the work.

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Why don"t you try and contact DEYSHA,our customer service rep on this site ,she is a great lady and has helped out many of us with some major problems, and some great results for US.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
My question is "what is wrong with your door" did it fall off or something? dent from delivery? paint issues?

did the dealer say that they would cover it under warranty?
and IMHO you might better off taking it to a body shop it might be more cost effective then paying the dealer labor rate ($75.00/$125.00 per hour)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So there shortage and got delay again do you know why NO. But you go into forum and throw them under the bus and proceed to run back and forth over them. facepalm2.gifthumbsup3.gif

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I can certainly understand the frustration. Contact Deysha on this forum, she may be able to help.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Can you not drive the car until the new door arrives?

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
FYI- Ford is not the only MFg to have this issue as well.......ask any Jaguar owner about normal replacement parts...the local dealers have to stock excessive quantities because there is very little support from the Euro exec's......Ford and most if they do have a shortage it is typically caused because of weather issues or a supplier issue....but Ford/Lincoln is very responsive and will keep you completely informed of where things are at.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I know it's frustrating, but could you provide some more info on the issue?
As stated, Deysha might be able to assist in getting this resolved.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
FYI- Ford is not the only MFg to have this issue as well.......ask any Jaguar owner about normal replacement parts...the local dealers have to stock excessive quantities because there is very little support from the Euro exec's......Ford and most if they do have a shortage it is typically caused because of weather issues or a supplier issue....but Ford/Lincoln is very responsive and will keep you completely informed of where things are at.
That's so true.

I had to wait 6 weeks for rocker base for Cummins 8.3 at work. Everyone is so impatient now I WANT IT NOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT. It will happen again no matter who it is

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I had a minor disagreement with a tree in the snow and the tree won. The damage isn't that bad except for the fact that my driver side mirror snapped off and that the car 'not driveable' under pa law. The dealer doing the work is an approved shop by my insurance carrier.

Someone said i was throwing Ford under the bus...damn straight...waiting over two weeks for a door that wasn't listed as back ordered when the work started and then changing the delivery date from 2/23 to 3/9 with no guarantee that they would meet that date is total BS. This isn't an old model or a brand new model year; they should have those parts on hand or they should tell their own dealers not to accept repair work requiring those parts until they are back in stock.

Ford gave my dealer the run around on the whole thing and customer service did the same thing to me. Wouldn't you be angry if you had this happen to you?

G

·
Ford currently has a shortage of sheet metal parts, at least for the 2011-2014 models. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for a new door to come in and they bumped it back a second time for another delay of at least a week...
Hello Mangarr,

As these awesome guys have mentioned, will you please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can review this for you?

Why don"t you try and contact DEYSHA,our customer service rep on this site ,she is a great lady and has helped out many of us with some major problems, and some great results for US.
I can certainly understand the frustration. Contact Deysha on this forum, she may be able to help.
I know it's frustrating, but could you provide some more info on the issue?
As stated, Deysha might be able to assist in getting this resolved.
Thank you for the kind words and support, guys!

Deysha

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I will say when I had a truck having body work done on it they said 2 days...I dropped it off on Tuesday AM went by Thursday PM. The door was off and they said I could drive it like that till Monday when new parts were due in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a phone call from my dealership today. They managed to track down a door at another dealership and were able to trade for it. They didn't receive any assistance from Ford at all in doing it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Parts department in less than 1 minute knew through out country which dealership had it and warehouses. They don't trade parts they buy them from another dealership LOL. But they end up paying full price in most cases then have to mark it up. Another dealer don't have to sell parts to another dealer at cost only if they feel like being nice. They also don't have to sell it another dealer but you can walk in and buy it another dealer have done this to us. We go through samething with another dealership they get pissy for whatever reason then we do the same back to them.
I do know I watch them do it and plus I work at truck dealership I watch them do it too. In fact it's same computer program except it modify for truck dealership because we have more different manufactures in parts system.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As a result of Deysha's assistance, I received a phone call from a Ford representative today. The part was already obtained by the dealership and I should have my car back this week, but it was nice to see that Ford was following up on the matter.

G

·
As a result of Deysha's assistance, I received a phone call from a Ford representative today. The part was already obtained by the dealership and I should have my car back this week, but it was nice to see that Ford was following up on the matter.
That’s great, Mangarr! Thank you for the update.

Deysha

·
Registered
256 Posts
Correction : It's nice to see Deysha is folliwing up on the matter :)
By extention Ford.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts