Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter today from Ford about a Mustang Rally put together by Ford Engineers, I called a toll free number to see if I qualified and I did. What it really is 3 hour session with a Ford Engineer, they go over your mustang with you and on a short road drive with you driving your car. They promise no sales pitches. In return for your time they are writing a check for $150. I thought this would be a great opportunity to tell Ford what we don't and do like about our mustangs. Also advice for future models and what we really want.
Has anyone else received a similar letter?

THE BOMB

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll check in here when I get it. Hopefully it won't be random. Seems really fun because I don't have any problems. Just a little detailing in the parking lot before it's shown to them. I'll bet the customers that buy Crown Vic's or stuff like that do not detail first.

·
Registered
478 Posts
THE BOMB said:
I received a letter today from Ford about a Mustang Rally put together by Ford Engineers, I called a toll free number to see if I qualified and I did. What it really is 3 hour session with a Ford Engineer, they go over your mustang with you and on a short road drive with you driving your car. They promise no sales pitches. In return for your time they are writing a check for $150. I thought this would be a great opportunity to tell Ford what we don't and do like about our mustangs. Also advice for future models and what we really want.
Has anyone else received a similar letter?

THE BOMB
Do you live around Detroit?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gee, I'd sure like to get that letter and have someone come along with me for a power drive, I mean test drive....:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're holding it my town, Henderson, NV-a suburb of Las Vegas. They have a confirmation number on the envelope, I must bring that, and no one can accompany me, especially GM spies:laughlitt .

THE BOMB

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my confirmation letter today, going Saturday 12-3 pm, let you know how it went.

THE BOMB

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, went to the rally Sat noon, there were about 20 GT owner there, about about 20 Engineers from Ford MoCO Mustang division. We spent about 2 hours taking a survey/discussing at length our likes and dislikes, and ideas for future models. They said the Mach 1 will have a twin turbo V-10!! ................................................................................NOT!

But anyhow it was very cool, and they really seamed to care about our ideas. For 3 hours of our time they gave us $150 cash, a nice tote bag, and a one-off t-shirt. he last hour was spent one-on-one with an engineer going over our individual cars. They also asked us to do a short 3-4 minute video taking about our own car and any mods or future mods, for the guys back in Detroit who couldn't make. I did find out that this was only being done in Las Vegas!:heha: So that makes us extra special!

We made sure to tell them about; throttle lag, bigger displacements, passenger side power seats, memory seats, stupid ignition placement, car sits too high especially in the rear, more option packs, hood scoops, side scoops, more aggressive tires, bigger/more wheel options, sequential taillights, more aggressive shifting auto tranny, and various TSB's and problems we have had. We did impress to them what a great car it is, and to keep up the good work. I'm sure by the end they know for sure how great the retro look is and it's the Number 1 assest of the car, and please don't mess up the great dash-except to add my color on the entire dash.
I guess we were pretty lucky to get picked-you guys owe us for the next bad-a$$ models coming out!:eyepoppin

THE BOMB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Great letter. I feel like I was there. The V-10 idea is funny, although Ford does have one on the shelf that is used in the F150.
I guess the next thing on the market for us is the Mustang Shelby. We can only hope that they make them in enough numbers so that we'll get to see one every now and then. It's probably too much to ask to have enough so that we could buy one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts