Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Nice car, a lot of money going into it. It will break the record and then some.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
thats a lot of cash into that car. And i bet a bird is going to poop on it :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Says attempt to take place on April 5-6, so what happened?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Wow! And a halon system too. That stuff will kill you faster than the fire!
Bingo. Kills the fire without damaging your electronics, while simultaneously converting to Mustard Gas and smothering all things with lungs, in the vicinity.

First your car catches fire, then you get to experience the fun of trench warfare in WWI. Wheeee.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
200+ should be doable for that car, but is it a standing mile? Unless he runs out of gears, I would think a car that aerodynamic should be able to hit 250+ for it's real top speed run.

The Bugatti Veyron has 1001hp and does 254MPH. It doesn't look that aerodynamic though.

YouTube - Top.Gear 2007 Bugatti Veyron top speed test

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just received a news letter from American Muscle and the following is the most current news on their attempt to break the record: " The American Muscle sponsored 1000+ Horsepower Ford GT attempt at the ECTA Land Speed Record for a Production Supercharged vehicle with a Stock Bottom End hit a snag the past weekend when the GT ran into overheating issues at the track. Despite the heating issues the GT still managed to pull off a run that tied the current record!

Rest assured, 73 year old Robert Self will not stand defeated, with a second attempt at breaking the record planned within the next few weeks, that record will fall!"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That Bugatti Veyron is insane!!! I would love to be in that passenger seat for that ride, or better yet the drivers seat!! That would be absolutely incredible to go that fast in a car. That guy just about killed me when he said he was pretty confident that was the fastest he would ever go in a car. I would hope so. LOL

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The 1,500 pound Tomahawk, while downright cool looking and certainly destined to be owned by Jay Leno, someday, is still NOTHING compared to the Hayabusa turbo. A 450 pound bike with 500hp. Available to anyone, for $10,100 for the bike, $8,900 for the turbo kit which comes with valves, sprockets, turbo and piping, etc.. Also the whole kit-n-kaboodle fits under the stock body fairing so the bike doesn't have to look any different.

Stock:

YouTube - Motorcycles-Suzuki Gsxr 1300 Hayabusa Vs Yamaha r1

With the $8,900 turbo kit, it pulls power wheelies at 150+MPH:

YouTube - 500Bhp Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo Ghost Rider

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The 1,500 pound Tomahawk, while downright cool looking and certainly destined to be owned by Jay Leno, someday, is still NOTHING compared to the Hayabusa turbo. A 450 pound bike with 500hp. Available to anyone, for $10,100 for the bike, $8,900 for the turbo kit which comes with valves, sprockets, turbo and piping, etc.. Also the whole kit-n-kaboodle fits under the stock body fairing so the bike doesn't have to look any different.

Stock:

YouTube - Motorcycles-Suzuki Gsxr 1300 Hayabusa Vs Yamaha r1

With the $8,900 turbo kit, it pulls power wheelies at 150+MPH:

YouTube - 500Bhp Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo Ghost Rider
...and Jay Leno owns a jet engine motor cycle already.:hihi:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.