Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Oh...my ....god....those guys are freakin stupid weaving in and out like that. At least it looks like they can drive. But jeez...

"We need Fuel! Petrol!" LOL. Love that comment.

My question: WHERE ARE ALL THE COPS IN DETROIT! Do they even have any?!

·
Registered
599 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Oh...my ....god....those guys are freakin stupid weaving in and out like that. At least it looks like they can drive. But jeez...

Thats how it is in Little Rock........the police is short about 50 officers,......so the units that are on "patrol" are always responding, to other calls. Basically no patrols.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:

For the most part it seems like there was plenty of space to move about.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
They still coulda killed someone if they lost control for some reason...happens all the time.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
That is just plain nuts, they are running on I-94 through Detroit here in Michigan.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, the places in metro Detroit you can absolutely speed with impunity are the freeways. The police are on more important calls, and we only have 3 or 4 State Police posts in the Metro area.

Toward the end of the video is where they open it up going on 94 towards the airport, but those early moments, where they are on the Southfield and then 94 downtown, are insane....In those stretches, I-94 is still a highway made for 1950s-era cars. The pavement is crumbly, the on-ramps are about 50 ft long with non existent merge lanes, and trucks hauling steel and gravel merge in all over the place (left and right entrance ramps). All in all a bad place to have a Forumla 1 race.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Probably some of the best video of raw racing I've seen in a while. Nice find. Although I do agree they are kinda nuts, but thats what keeps guys like me employed at the fire department.

·
Registered
713 Posts
very cool vid...how about them passing the lambo!..insane!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was waiting for this
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/cops.wav

Anyway..not bad ...2 Amercian cars ...1055 HP ...You'd NEVER get away w/that sh!t on the L.I.E. ! Shoot you can't even get through solo on the HOV .

Anyway..I'll ante up my 505 HP ..Now all we need is a track, a ford gt & a videogragher :D

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
nice video but damn that vette guy cant drive for ****...i wanted to jump into the monitor...awesome passing the 2 lambos...very very very silly hitting wot in traffic...i'm a nut but damn ...i would never...a coupla times the gt almost caused an accident...and my best moment cause i'm a hater was when they hit that patch of ****** road and gravel...you just know that the front end is all dinged and scratched up...lovin it...but it also underscores why i'd never buy a gt...all that coin and the vette never lost him...in fact the only time he even pulled away was when he pulled a wot in traffic move...every open space they got into the vette started to close in...and i dont know who said they had alot of space to play in on that highway but NOT really

·
Registered
534 Posts
Woah.. that was awesome, I think I'm falling in love with the ZO6, I was looking at them on the lot on the weekend, my dad and I were drooling over a black one. What was with the two random Lambo's? That is pretty rare, for a brief moment there was a Murcielago, a Gallardo Spyder, a Ford GT, and a ZO6 all in sight.... amazing, not something you see everyday, that's for sure.

Oh ya.. the end was hilarious... 'we need fuel, petrol!' the guy in the GT was probably like 'what the hell is petrol' lol that's the impression I got anyway.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I need a cigarette now... :tongue

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dudes! After watching that video, I had a dream last night that I was getting a Shelby GT500 AND a Ford GT! Funny, they were both white with blue stripes, and I would never get two cars with the same colors. Weird. But it was just a dream! Drats!:sleeping:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
how bout this video. on same site next to the Z06/GT vid. i saw it and remembered this pursuit. it was with an 04 stang i believe and happened not too long ago in OKC. every now and then, there are criminals who can drive, and this was one. he pulls out of not 1 but 2 P.I.T. manuevers attempted by OK Hwy Patrol (OHP) and then reverses after the 3rd!!! but in the end, still went to jail after getting his a$$ kicked.:hihi: as you can see, you dont screw with OHP, they will knock your a$$ off the road, let you take out 100 feet of rail, two telephone poles, and a tree.:hihi: of all of the agencies in OK, OHP will f--- you up for sure. they are one of the few in OK that are even taught and certified in doing the P.I.T. or as some call the T.V.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8zWBU0U_I&NR

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
oh yeah, the z06 and GT vid was cool and all, but that was crazy, and those drivers were dumba$$es. where were the cops? :mad: i kept waiting and hoping to see one fly out of nowhere... i bet those cars drove ten miles like that, no way would you get away with that here. sorry for the off topic with the pursuit vid, saw it and it brought out the cop in me....:shigrin

N

·
0 Posts
i'm betting that somewhere along the road they passed a cop...i mean that was a really long race...and if they didnt someone probably called 911 anyway(they did almost cause a few accidents)either way some cop probably saw them and said "oh well"...was he really gonna catch them anyway and was it worth the trouble of a heli and roadblock? i personally have passed cops twice at over 130mph and got no pursuit on road trips...cars in our caravan behind me said the same cop pulled over a speeding minivan ... i'm thinkin they pick their targets wisely...that stolen stang in the video was obviously a v6 anyway...impressive driving nonetheless...although i'm glad the thievin s o b got caught

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
i personally have passed cops twice at over 130mph and got no pursuit on road trips...
you got lucky.... they were "on call" and werent running radar. mustangs are cop magnets most say, remember? we want you in your cop magnet.... not mama in her minivan...:evillol: :rolleyes:

OR, maybe the minivan was doing 140???:rolleyes: bigger fish...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
some more possibities...

he was too busy playing on his laptop going down the road...:rolleyes:

he was too busy eating his jelly filled donut...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

he was too busy cleaning the powdered sugar off his shirt:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

he was about to go home at end of shift, therefore, didnt give a rats a$$

he had his head up his a$$, forgot to turn on his radar, and straight didnt see you

someone was running a jammer and he couldnt get a speed:mad: :mad: (yeah, that'll really piss me off, and if i find the SOB running the jammer, his a$$ is mine):mad:

bottom line, i could go on forever, but you cant just fly by the po-po at 130 and not get caught without there being a reason...:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts